Clear all

Good news and then more good news

32 Posts
23 Users
0 Likes
(@sin-city-sid)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

I'm finding myself hanging out here and at Seymour Duncan's forum almost exclusively. I'm beginning to think of you as my friends even though I don't post much. I do read almost every single post here in beginner and general.

You don't know this but I am a alcoholic! I have decided to quit drinking and have been sober for 5 day's now. The alcohol was destroying my life, my relationships with my girlfriend, my daughter and my friend(the ones I have left). My memory was not very good and my physical status was less then bad, yes it's that bad.

Now with that said. I took my first professional guitar lesson yesterday. Man I was nervous even though I feel very comfortable with a guitar in my hands. The teacher ask a little about my background and I told him that I had played quite a few years ago and that I wanted him to treat me like I had never played. I told him I was having a few problems hitting some barre chords and wanted to learn how to read music again. By the end of my lesson I was doing 12 bar blues with all barre chords :D

Mike
(@mike)
Famed Member

Good for you man! 8)

I wish you luck in both areas.

Mike

ReplyQuote
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

That's tough dude, hope you'll do fine with it all.

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

Congratulations,
Addictions are hard to beat and it seems some of the worst addictions will eventually kill you.
I stopped smoking 4 months ago after a 30 year 2 pack a day habit. Not an easy thing to do.
I have seen people die from alchohol addiction and I have a couple of friends that I am watching slowly deteriorate before my eyes.
I hope you can stay on the wagon.
Just remember we are family here and we will be here for you if you need help.

ReplyQuote
(@fretful)

Hoping you'll make something strong & postive on each subject! My best friend was a remarkable older woman who also found that "a little was too much and a lot was never enough" at one point in life. I couldn't begin to describe how she (not easily of course) turned things around and most remarkably used that experience to touch MANY lives afterwards. A sincere congratulations to you and please keep talkin' to us!

ReplyQuote
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

congrats on your new found sobriety and know that we are all pulling for you.

err sorry about the sig, i forgot :oops:

#4491....

ReplyQuote
 cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member

Hang in there man you'll make it...we're all pullin for you

"It's all about stickin it to the man!"
It's a long way to the top if you want to rock n roll!

ReplyQuote
(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member

One day at a time.

I'm all for you picking up the guitar, but make sure your sponsor knows you are trying something new. Keep it simple.

and congrats on your 5th day.

ReplyQuote
(@sin-city-sid)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

Thanks guys. Everyday on my way home I think about stopping to grab some then I keep on going till I get home.

Missleman, I quit smoking 2 1/2 years ago after smoking on and off for 30 years. I applaud you. That's a hard habit to quit.

I guess I should have posted this in general but I feel I know you all better in here.

Now for a guitar question(I forgot to ask my teacher). What is playing in the first posision?

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

1st position is the 1st 4 frets.

ReplyQuote
(@sin-city-sid)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

LOL, that was just too easy :oops:

ReplyQuote
(@david-m1)
Estimable Member

May God "Or the Higher Power of your choosing" Grant you the Serenity to accept the things you cannot change..... The Courage to Change the things you can... And the Wisdom to know the difference....

I wish you all the best...

living a sober peacfull life may be just what you need to start those guitar lessons off right...

Peace
David...

ReplyQuote
 Taso
(@taso)
Famed Member

Congradulations, really. Nothing better than hearing about something like that. Congrats on the guitar work as well.

Taso

http://taso.dmusic.com/music/

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)

Something tells me you'll be alright! Congrats!

ReplyQuote
 Nils
(@nils)
Famed Member

Congrats Fumble Fingers. Thats a major step you have taken and I am sure we will all support you 100% :D :idea:

Oh yeah, on the guitar also.

Nils' Page - Guitar Information and other Stuff
DMusic Samples

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 3