Clear all

guitar cases

6 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@mercury187)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

Hi, I wanted to get a hardcase for my guitar, they are pretty universal right? The guy selling one on craigslist is not very far from where I work and I'd rather not drive all the way home to get my fender if I don't have to.
pictures that he posted:

(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member

No they aren't, not at all. They are completely different, thousands of different sizes.

ReplyQuote
(@mercury187)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

Ok, I'll go home and grab mine to make sure it will fit. thanks

ReplyQuote
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

Yeah, check if your guitar fits in the case. I had an 'generic' case slightly greater than my LP and the guitar can move inside. The guitar received small knocks every time I move it. I recently bought a case for LP.

If you have a Fender (Strat? Tele?) there are lots of cases for it.

ReplyQuote
(@notes_norton)
Noble Member

Get an ATA approved flight case if you can. Your guitar needs the ultimate protection. And if possible, get one that is made for your particular guitar. It's worth the extra few bucks and will pay for itself the first time the case gets accidentally banged. I like SKB brand ATA cases because they are strong and lightweight.

Insights and incites by Notes.

Bob "Notes" Norton

Owner, Norton Music http://www.nortonmusic.com Add-on Styles for Band-in-a-Box and Microsoft SongSmith

The Sophisticats http://www.s-cats.com >^. .^< >^. .^<

ReplyQuote
 Ande
(@ande)
Prominent Member

Does anybody know of a place where you can get a custom made hard case? I have a guitar I really like that is a strange size and shape. Didn't come with a hard case, and none that I've seen are even close to fitting.

I'm about to travel home with it triple wrapped into a strat sized case, but it's not a great solution- I'd buy a case for it if I could find one.

Thanks,
Ande

ReplyQuote