Clear all

Guitar Cleaning

5 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@surfbluewavesbc)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

Is it okay to clean my guitar with Dunlop 65 Guitar Polish &cleaner before bringing it to the guitar store for the strings and strap pin to be changed? And does anyone know if the Dunlop 65 Guitar Polish &cleaner ever expires I think I've had this for about 5 years but never used it.

(@blue-jay)
Noble Member

Is it okay to clean my guitar with Dunlop 65 Guitar Polish &cleaner before bringing it to the guitar store for the strings and strap pin to be changed? And does anyone know if the Dunlop 65 Guitar Polish &cleaner ever expires I think I've had this for about 5 years but never used it.

I think it will be fine, and I might guarantee that, since Dunlop 65 is my mainstay cleaner/polish. Shake well. :D

Like a bird on the wire,
like a drunk in a midnight choir
I have tried in my way to be free.

ReplyQuote
(@musenfreund)
Illustrious Member

Personally, I just use a soft cloth and elbow grease to clean my guitars. A little fretboard oil now and then as well. But Dunlop is a reputable firm so I'd expect their products to be fine.

Well we all shine on--like the moon and the stars and the sun.
-- John Lennon

ReplyQuote
(@fibaz)
Eminent Member

I use it on my strats fairly often. It works well. Don't worry about having it for that long. Just shake it well before you spray it.

ReplyQuote
(@kingpatzer)
Noble Member

Depending on your guitars you may really want to avoid those cleaners. Almost none of my guitars have a modern finish. Distilled water and an old diaper does the job.

"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side." -- HST

ReplyQuote