Clear all

Guitar magazine

8 Posts
7 Users
0 Likes
(@pamparius)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Are there any guitarmagazines you would recommend for a newbie to subscribe to?

"Trying is the first step towards failure."

(@bmxdude)
Estimable Member

I subscibe to Guitar Player its cool, and comes with lessons. I paid $15 for a year. Plus, they are teamed up with musicnotes.com and every month you get to pick a song to download. So you get your money back in some ways.

"The answer is practice.
Now, what's the question?"
Words by David Mead.

ReplyQuote
(@alangreen)

Hiya,

Total Guitar is about the best of the bunch - this month includes Pink Floyd's "Money", and Queen's "I want it all"; and episode 13 of the School of Shred

A close also-ran is Guitar Techniques - published by the same house, as it happens.

Both come with CD

Best,

A :-)

"Be good at what you can do" - Fingerbanger"
I have always felt that it is better to do what is beautiful than what is 'right'" - Eliot Fisk
Wedding music and guitar lessons in Essex. Listen at: http://www.rollmopmusic.co.uk

ReplyQuote
(@alexduller)
Trusted Member

Guitarist is also worth a read...also by future publishing

http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/5328/guitarsig6bw.gif

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

I think just about all guitar mags include lessons.
I subscribe to Guitar World Acoustic and Guitar One.
Guitar One is kind of cool. Each issue comes with a CD with backing tracks video lessons and more for $25 for 12 issues.

ReplyQuote
(@steves)
Estimable Member

I get 'em all and I agree with Alan - Total Guitar is the best of the bunch. Always interesting, that great British sense of humour, loads of tabs and a CD to accompany it. If you're in the States, Borders carries this and Guitar Techniques - another excellent mag. In my area they usually arrive around the third Thursday of the month. They are a tad expensive here - $12.99, so if you like, I'd recommend subscribing.

Guitar One and Guitar World are pretty good US published magazines - in that order.

Also, these are all rock based magazines, so if your tastes run otherwise, be warned.

Steve

ReplyQuote
(@pamparius)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Thanks for all the replies.

I baught an issue of total guitar today, and liked it.. even though the norwegian prices are a bit stiff; I had to pay 12£ for it! :shock:

I really liked the articles and the reviews, but the tabs/songs seemed a bit to hard for me - for now..! :twisted:

"Trying is the first step towards failure."

ReplyQuote
(@musenfreund)
Illustrious Member

I have to admit the free tab download that comes with a subscription to Guitar Player is a great feature. Typically those songs cost about $5.00 US anyway, so I feel like you potentially get about $60.00 worth of additional music for the price of the subscription. And they offer a list to choose from each month.

Well we all shine on--like the moon and the stars and the sun.
-- John Lennon

ReplyQuote