Clear all

Guitar Show / Lessons

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@brian-f)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

I'm in the Dallas, TX area, and this weekend is the Dallas Guitar Show. I'm pretty psyched, if for nothing else to go walk around and look at guitars I can't afford, ask some questions, etc. Will have a hard time not buying something I'm sure, but what I'm really looking for now are lessons (acoustic). Are these shows, generally speaking, a good place to find a teacher? Other than the web (and I've found a few names/websites to look into) I'm not sure where else to look for a teacher.

your thoughts?

b

(@olive)
Estimable Member

I don't know if you'll be able to find teachers at one of those shows or not. Chances are there will be a few wandering about, but it might be tough to track one down. Your best bet for finding a teacher is to go around to local guitar shops. They almost always have guitar teachers on staff. Or the folks working there might be able to turn you on to a teacher that will fit your particular style. You can also check bulletin boards at guitar shops...I've never been to one that didn't have a board covered with adds of all types. Also, take a look in your local yellow pages. The yellow pages in my area has a few studios listed under "musical instruction". Finally, local colleges (and even high schools) often have guitar courses. See if you can get ahold of one of the instructors and ask if they teach private lessons or know any reputable guitar instructors.

Good luck in your search. And have fun looking at all the pretty guitars!

"My ex-boyfriend can't tell me I've sold out, because he's in a cult, and he's not allowed to talk to me." --Dar Williams

ReplyQuote