Skip to content
Have you ever heard...

Notifications
Clear all

Have you ever heard of a "Gamma" guitar?

10 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@lift4life03)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

Well its pretty much all in the title. Its a decent sounding guitar, it has square pearl inlays....thats about it......just curious if ya'll heard of em..cuz i cant find them on the net.......

(@lift4life03)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

oh yea...its acoustic and dreadnot body style.

ReplyQuote
(@chris-c)
Famed Member

I've not heard of them before.

But I did find somebody else who is also trying to track info on a different Gamma.

Gamma

Couple of references to the brand here too. But probably not the model you seek.

Harmony Central Reviews

ReplyQuote
(@lift4life03)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

Yes, that was the only website I found aswell.....He has an electric.....I wonder if it has anything to do with this Gamma Ray fellow>?

ReplyQuote
(@chris-c)
Famed Member

Here's another site with somebody seeking info about a solid body. But this time he gets a reply with some info about a maker.

More about Gamma

He says they were sold under other names too - which happens a lot - so maybe try searching the names he suggests as well?

ReplyQuote
(@lift4life03)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

I didnt find anything with the two other names mentioned.....shit maybe i have a collectable that people dont even know they should collect yet..hahaha riiiiiighhhtt

ReplyQuote
(@chris-c)
Famed Member

Aha! So you actually have this guitar - rather than have just seen it for sale. :)

Any chance of a picture?

I have an old Terada which I tried to track once. Found a somewhat similar story - a company that used to make guitars under their own label, but now seem to manufacture for other companies. I did find a site where one Terada owner had invited others to post details of their particular one. So maybe there's a small but satisfied band of Gamma owners out there somewhere. Some nice pics of the woodworking on that solid body one - is yours that good looking?

Good luck tracking it down anyway. It's fun to speculate about its background, while you search. Could be a gem! :wink:

Cheers,

Chris

ReplyQuote
(@lift4life03)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

Yea she is a perdy guitar. haha....really though has some square pearl inlays...that is my fav part...maybe its a noob thing but i like em...When i get a digi cam i will put up some pics........thanks for your hard work researching.......

ReplyQuote
(@chris-c)
Famed Member

It's a pleasure. :)

I like the sound of those square inlays too. Sometimes the detail can make more difference than it logically should - but then logic can be over-rated sometimes. :P

ReplyQuote
(@lift4life03)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

Well if you like what your playing, your more likely to play. I like the inlays so it does help me play.....even if it sounds stupid..... i kinda wish it was a cut away though....

ReplyQuote