Clear all

Help on figuring out an intro to a song

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@joehempel)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

I'm trying to learn the intro to the song "Don't Think I Can't Love You" by Jake Owen, and for the past couple of weeks, I've been trying to lern it by ear to at least see if I can do it, or make it close. I've given up and need some help.

It doesn't seem like it's that hard to figure out, but maybe there is some effects on the guitar or something, I don't know, it sounds clean to me. I watch the video as well to see where to start from, and just can't figure it out. Kind of frustrating me at the moment.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKG7rZrxAG0&feature=related

In Space, no one can hear me sing!

(@diceman)
Reputable Member

There is definitely a delay on the lead guitar if that's of any help , otherwise it is pretty clean .

Also , the song is in 3/4 time , possibly 6/8 depending how they wrote it , but a definite three beat pattern . Hope this helps . The very short piano intro gives little warning to the guitarist . You can bet they erased the initial count in for the song on this recording . It's easy to do in the studio , harder live .

If I claim to be a wise man , it surely means that I don't know .

ReplyQuote
(@joehempel)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

Hey Dice,

The question was more the notes being played, I know the timing, but I think I had actually figured something out that was close to it, just don't have it down and up to speed yet.

Thanks!

In Space, no one can hear me sing!

ReplyQuote