Clear all

Help reading tab - Fratellis

5 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@dalboy)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

Hi guys can someone help with me with tab to chelsea dagger? it seems really easy on the tab (not used to using tab either) but it just dont sound right. can someone explain it / break it down? it seems fairly simple....

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/tabs/t/the_fratellis/chelsea_dagger_ver2_tab.htm

(i tried copying and pasting here but it was all messed up)

thanks a lot!

(@biker_jim_uk)
Honorable Member

It does seem very simple, perhaps you can tell us what doesn't sound right when you do it?

ReplyQuote
(@dalboy)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

ok well i have one finger on 3rd fret heavy string, then other thing on 5th fret 5 string. do i strum the heavy string then 5th together? or do you press one at a time and strum?! why is there a bit where they are closer together? strum that big quicker i assume - it just doesnt sound like the original to me.

thanks for your time

ReplyQuote
(@rmorash)
Estimable Member

Yes the 3-5 chord I believe is called a G5 power chord and from what you have explained, it does seem correct, and you strum the two together. As for the spacing that may be an indication of the timing where close together means you strum quicker and farther apart not so fast. Not knowing the song I can't say for sure if that is what it is or just a formatting issue.

As for it not sounding correct, are you just hitting *just* those strings or are you hitting others? You could also try palm muting the other strings. I'm not positive but I think there is a article or two on power chords over in the Lessons section that you might want to check out if you haven't already.

ReplyQuote
(@dalboy)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

thanks for confirmation and help. i think i need to really sit down and figure it out properly. much harder i find reading tab than strumming the chords if you know what i mean

ReplyQuote