Clear all

Help with silent night

4 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@frank2121)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

Having problems with David hodges silent night lesson.. trying to get it down for christmas i have never done finger style but im trying, have the first 4 measures sorted but the next two i have problems with i can't for the life of me, get the 5&6 measures to sound like Davids mp3 even though i can play it i cant get the rythem or what ever it is to it. Is there a nack to it i just cant seem to get it...

doesnt sond like it at all and its in easy songs for beginners, is it just me

I'm ready to throw guitar out the window now.
v. frustrated

(@mattypretends116)
Honorable Member

Post this over in the lesson forum, someone will help you out there (it will probably be moved anyway)

Matt

"Contrary to popular belief, Clapton is NOT God. The prospect that he is God probably had a large hand in driving him to drugs and booze. Thanks everyone."

-Guitar World :lol:

ReplyQuote
(@slejhamer)
Famed Member

Forget the song for a moment, and just practice strumming those chord shapes back and forth.

3x000x (measure 4 - or use a standard G shape 320003 even though you're not playing some of the notes), xx0775 (meas. 5), xx0232 (meas. 6)

You've got a quick set of fingering changes in measure 8 as well.

After a while the fingering will come naturally, which will make the rhythm flow more easily.

Good luck!

"Everybody got to elevate from the norm."

ReplyQuote
(@musenfreund)
Illustrious Member

There is a thread on "Silent Night" in the lessons forum:

http://forums.guitarnoise.com/viewtopic.php?t=18635

Please remember that all questions or comments on a lesson need to be posted in the pre-existing thread. There shouldn't be duplicate threads in that forum.

Here's the link to the guidelines for posting in that forum:

https://www.guitarnoise.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=4055
There are special guidelines for posting on the Lessons Forum: This forum is dedicated to discussing the lessons posted in Easy Songs for Beginners or in Songs for Intermediates.

Posters must follow these guidelines:
1. All posts must name the song in the subject line. Posts that do not have a song as a subject line will be moved.
2. Before starting a discussion of a lesson, please check the threads that have already been posted to see if a thread on that lesson exists. Duplicate posts on a lesson will be removed.
3. All threads must be open to a general discussion of the song. Threads that pertain to a specific aspect of a song will be deleted. For example, a thread on "Heart of Gold" is permissible, but a thread that says "Hammer-ons in Heart of Gold" is not. These specific threads will be moved to the Beginners' Forum.

Why is this? Because we want a board where users can easily and quickly access a discussion of a song. If threads start to become more specific, the board will quickly become cluttered and ultimately less useful to someone seeking advice on a particular lesson. We went to keep all the questions on any one particular lesson in one place.
4. Questions that pertain more generally to technique or theory or styles should be posted in the Beginners' Forum or the Theory Forum, not here. And with that, you are free to post and initiate threads.

Well we all shine on--like the moon and the stars and the sun.
-- John Lennon

ReplyQuote