Notifications
Clear all

Hi new to forum

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@fiddleheadstewy)
Topic starter  

Okay I've been playing guitar for a few years now and imo there is something there..a little bit of a knack for it..my ear is good meaning I can listen to a song that I've never heard or played before and pick it up quickly. And since I've found youtube I'm learning so much more..those songs I heard growing up that sounded so hard to play..turns out they're so simple..e.g. bron y aur. But I want to learn how to read and write notation..scales..finger techinuqes..because I've gotten to the point to where my playing is stagnant and dull because I have no base of knowledge upon which to fall back on. So where to start? I have a classical guitar (which I really like playing) and electric. Now knowing this where should I begin? I want to be able to learn both electric and classical techiques. Thanks.

(@kent_eh)
Noble Member

Hi.
A good place to start would be Guitar Noise's own lessons.
Follow some of the links from the beginners FAQ and work through some of those lessons.

The theory lessons are where you want to look for "reading and writing". I would recommend NoteBoat's standard notation lessons.

I wrapped a newspaper ’round my head
So I looked like I was deep

ReplyQuote