Horse With No Name Solo Chords?

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@dylanbarrett)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

Hi all,

I'm six weeks into learning to play the guitar and coming to terms with the fact that it's not as easy other people make it look! Practice practice practice I suppose, but it is very frustrating when you make the same mistakes EVERY time you play a tune....Grrrrrr.

Anyways, I digress - I'm using Horse with No Name to hone my strumming 'skills' but would like to know if anyone has a progressive chord structure to play the solo which is normally done with what looks like a complicated single note progression. I just want something easy to break up the song that sounds 'similar' to that part of the song.

Preferably something that doesn't involve barre chords is preferable (although I'm thinking that where the required chords are - this may be necessary).

If anyone has anything, I'd like to give it a go...

Thanks

Dylan

I'm nowhere near Chicago. I've got six string, 8 fingers, two thumbs, it's dark 'cos I'm wearing sunglasses - Hit it!

(@noteboat)
Illustrious Member

It's not really a bridge - it's a solo. The underlying progression is the same.

Guitar teacher offering lessons in Plainfield IL

ReplyQuote
(@dylanbarrett)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

Ooops, well, I am a beginner in all things musical so I apologise for that wrong analagy. :oops:

Isn't a solo a sort of musical bridge anyway?

Well, if anyone knows a progression of chords that will give a simple mimic of the solo, I'd like to give it a go...

Thanks, Dylan

I'm nowhere near Chicago. I've got six string, 8 fingers, two thumbs, it's dark 'cos I'm wearing sunglasses - Hit it!

ReplyQuote