Skip to content
Hotel California (H...

Notifications
Clear all

Hotel California (Hell Freezes Over) Intro TABS?

5 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@abufaisal)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

Hello Guys,

I am new here, so am I in th guitar world, just started playing two weeks ago.

I am looking for the intro of the hotel california live hell freeze over. I cant seem to find it anywhere on the net. Can anyone help me?. I am not interested in the electric guitar version, I am talking about the accoustic one, you know the one you here at the introduction.

Please help

I belive once I master this intro, than I should have all the pracrice I need for my fingers, to take even more difficult tasks

(@jmaikos)
Eminent Member

Welcome!!

I just checked out the acoustic intro to Hotel California (Hell Freezes over Tour) on youtube and wanted to see if I could help you out. I'm not exactly sure of your skill level, but to be perfectly honest, the intro seems a bit advanced for someone who has been playing for only about 2 weeks (at 2 weeks I was happy just to know a couple of chords). People definitely learn at different rates. I would start on beginner lessons before I tried to tackle The Eagles (i.e. start with clean sounding chords, transitioning between cords, etc..). You should absolutely check out the beginner lessons here on guitarnoise. They are a godsend for new players. Definitely check out David's lessons, including the beginner songs. He explains everything very clearly and he's very accessible on the forum for questions. Once you get your techniques down, then I would absolutely try to learn this song.

I don't want to discourage you from learning this song. It's great to work on challenges and have something to ultimately strive for. It feels like such an accomplishment once you reach your goals.

To hold you over in the mean time, check out Kirk's website (Guitar for beginners and beyond):

http://www.guitarforbeginners.com/

If you sift through the lessons, Kirk has a great lesson on the intro to Hotel California that sounds great and teaches many techniques at the same time. He has other great lessons on there as well.

Good luck and keep at it!

ReplyQuote
(@abufaisal)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

thanks imaikos,

Actually, I can play most of the songs in the beginners section of this website. I can swift through chords smoothly. And that is why I need to take something more challenging so that I can be inshape, especially my fingers. It doesnt matter how long I learn the Hotel California intro, even if it takes me a year, but atleast I have one thing to learn, rather than confusing myself with so many other stuff.

Thanks,

I will definetly check out the website

ReplyQuote
(@vccky)
Estimable Member

That intro was one of the first things that I learned. I really like playing it!

I have the tabs for the whole song in an Adobe document. It's on my other computer though so I could get it for you tomorrow, if you like. That version wasn't the one that I learned though. If you like, I could write out the tabs the way I play it. I do believe it's a little simpler than the way in the Adobe file.

It's up to you though. Or would you like both?

ReplyQuote
(@doug_c)
Reputable Member

The "Hotel California" lesson from Denny Zager ( http://www.zagerguitar.com ) is for that version. He rates it a Level 5, which is the most difficult level for Zager lessons.
From reading your posts, I get the feeling that you have the determination needed to learn that. I say "go for it," but I think you should also learn some other songs "just for something different." It's a big boost to your self esteem when you can play a newly-learned song all the way through. (Even a "two-chord special" like "Horse With No Name." https://www.guitarnoise.com/article.php?id=36 )
Have fun. 8)

ReplyQuote