Clear all

How Do you Practice "Correctly"?

19 Posts
9 Users
0 Likes
(@chris-c)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

I dunno, Chris...I've played cover tunes with bands that wrote 'em...in front of thousands...and I regularly get to hear my jingles on radio and TV in random surprises...but this session actually SCARES me!!! :?

Cat

Session? That sounds like WORK!? I thought you were resolved to retire last week.... :wink:

ReplyQuote
 Cat
(@cat)
Noble Member

Hey! I did!!! Although I'm stuck until the end of my contract...July 4th is my real "freedom day". I'm doing a NZ wine area (Marlbourough) between now and then. (Hey...you gotta try a cab-sauv called GEISEN.)

This won't have anything to do with the project I'm working on with my sons. I've saved all my best stuff for this. (Or at least I HOPE I did!!!) I'll be handing over stellar rhythm tracks to the kids...they'll do "coloring tracks" so they can also claim playing credits...then we're going to concentrate on the top bits...mostly vocals.

At "work"...basically I eat pizza and drink beer...trying one thing after another...until I got me a jingle. Mistakes galore...with newer and newer tracks Frankensteined together. It's done when I can see it with my own ears...it ain't rocket surgery, after all.

This family stuff is quite different. Trying to suss out the musical mind of teens is mostly the challenge...but I don't want to end up with a "Homermobile". Actually, this was my main impetus in finding a site like GN. A friend suggested "shut ch'yer mouth, sit there and play...and don't go near the board"! :oops: (He knows me well, I'm afraid!)

Cat

"Feel what you play...play what you feel!"

ReplyQuote
 Cat
(@cat)
Noble Member

Oops!!! I stand corrected: make that a sauvignon blanc!

C

"Feel what you play...play what you feel!"

ReplyQuote
(@singingonline123)
Eminent Member

Concentrate and focus. Don't think of anything else except to practice

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2