how far have I come ...

9 Posts
9 Users
0 Likes
(@barnabus-rox)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

https://www.guitarnoise.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=102672&highlight=#102672

This is my very 1st post , yay I can change from chord to chord now with out stopping .

So if I can anyone can , please if your a beginner like me and think your too old or you suck please read this thread ..

I am the king of "Suckville" but I am getting better

Cheers

Trev...

Here is to you as good as you are
And here is to me as bad as I am
As good as you are and as bad as I am
I'm as good as you are as bad as I am

(@dogbite)
Illustrious Member

wow, three years already.
in learning and playing guitar it is important to remember that it is the journey. I think you understand that well.

not long after I began playing I found myself all excited about creating little riffs or songs. I could strum and change chords to what I saw in my mind. it felt so cool.
thinking back on those days I realize how rudimentary some of those moments were. I have far surpassed that meager start now. but I still remember clearly the awe and excitement I felt upon those little discoveries.
I realized how important those moments were and still are.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=644552
http://www.soundclick.com/couleerockinvaders

ReplyQuote
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

Two years and half!? :shock:

Do you have that great strumming with only two years and half!? :shock:

Trevor, I always thought you played for several years!

Congrats! :D

ReplyQuote
(@causnorign)
Honorable Member

It is so important to remember those days when we first started. It gives us the ability to see that what we once thought was not possible is now done, and to realize that what we find impossible now is within our reach. The journey never ends.

ReplyQuote
(@shadowraptor)
Trusted Member

About a month ago, I figured there was no way I would be able to play The Beatles "Blackbird". I've got it down pretty good now.

Rob

Have a safe and pleasant day.

Rob
Canada

Yamaha FG-730S
Crafter GAE45/N
Beaver Creek BCR8501
Yamaha CG-? (91)
Yamaha CG-171SF
Framus Texan 5/296 12-String
Takamini EG-345C 12-String
Indiana IN-BM5 Mandolin
M-Audio Oxygen 49 Keyboard

ReplyQuote
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

Aren't those little moments when something you've been struggling with suddenly becomes something you can do without thinking about absolutely wonderful? :D

I remember the first time I got a blues shuffle down. I'd been trying and trying but that reach just seemed impossible. Then one day I picked up my guitar and out came a perfect shuffle! I wanted to run out into the street and yell "I DID IT!!!!", but I restrained myself and just jumped around my living room instead!

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

ReplyQuote
(@gerry)
Honorable Member

I guess I am a fairly old codger around here but I want you to know that no matter how long you have been playing you are always learning something new and the buzz is just the same.

Gerry

Those who can't dance always blame the band.

http://www.gerrycooper.com/

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Only just noticed this......but you know what I think from previous threads, Trev. Strumming's spot-on now.....nice and fluid. Songwriting's improved a lot, too. But then you've never been afraid to ask for advice, and you've always taken that advice in the spirit in which it's been offered.

That Aussie spirit's got something to do with it too, I'm sure.....

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@the-dali)
Noble Member

Trevor, how many Avatars are you going to have? And how many times are you gonna change your name, the spelling of your name, the spacing between the letters, etc....? I can't keep up!

-=- Steve

"If the moon were made of ribs, would you eat it?"

ReplyQuote