Skip to content
How much did you sp...

Notifications
Clear all

How much did you spend on your first electric guitar?

26 Posts
19 Users
0 Likes
(@taylorr)
Prominent Member

It was a long time ago so im sure that wasnt excessively cheap. Im sure it was just a good deal. When did you begin playing Nick?

Im not gonna make any assumptions (even though i did in the preceeding sentence/s).

aka Izabella

ReplyQuote
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

My first electric cost $350.... it's a Daisy Rock Retro H 12-string..... I only spent $200 on my second one, though, a Washburn 6-string.

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

ReplyQuote
(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member

Well, it was in 1979. My next door neighbor sold it to me.

I played rhythm guitar and sang in a band from about 1978 to 1983. Then I quit playing until a couple of years ago.

Oddly enough, the date I picked up my guitar again coincides with the date of my first post here. 14 september 2002

ReplyQuote
(@danlasley)
Noble Member

If I do the math correctly, my *next* bass will be in the neighborhood of just under $7000. :shock: Gee, makes that all-Koa Carvin LB70P I've got my sights on seem like an absolute BARGAIN at $1000ish... :wink:

Make it the LB75F and it's easy to justify - 5 strings and fretless!

-Laz

ReplyQuote
(@bleaseyhighflyer)
Trusted Member

My first guitar was a strat copy made by um........... "Honer"? i think, i found it quite difficult to play as the action was very high. Now i have my Fender Highway #1 U.S.A strat!! and the difference is amazing! in terms of tone, playability, action,........... its just better

" Ah man, that went down like a lead balloon."

ReplyQuote
(@jmb-d)
Estimable Member

If I do the math correctly, my *next* bass will be in the neighborhood of just under $7000. :shock: Gee, makes that all-Koa Carvin LB70P I've got my sights on seem like an absolute BARGAIN at $1000ish... :wink:

Make it the LB75F and it's easy to justify - 5 strings and fretless!

Laz, you know that I'm sensitive about my deformity (having only 4 fingers (plus a thumb) on my left hand). There's no way I could handle a 5th string. I have been mulling over going fretless on the next beastie, though...

In walking, just walk. In sitting, just sit. Above all, don't wobble.
-- Yun-Men

ReplyQuote
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

Oddly enough, the date I picked up my guitar again coincides with the date of my first post here. 14 september 2002

Happy 2nd Anniversary! Today just happens to be 14 Sept. 2004! I'm just ever so slightly behind you! :-)

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

ReplyQuote
(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member

I didn't even notice, how weird is that?

ReplyQuote
 Mike
(@mike)
Famed Member

I didn't even notice, how weird is that?

So how is your finger care going? Are you still using that Burts Bee salve?

ReplyQuote
(@noel-iu)
Estimable Member

A friend sold me his 3rd or 4th hand guitar in a very good shape for 120$, its a Slammer (by Hammer) Centaura... with double pickups and it sounds fine...
I would spend more in my first amp than my first guitar...
I bought a cheap 25W amp for 30$ but it doesn't rock! or maybe it's me! :roll:

http://www.freewebs.com/noel-iu

http://noel-iu.dmusic.com/

ReplyQuote
(@deadat27)
Trusted Member

I spent 200 $ on my Johnson Stratocaster which came with a 15 watt amp and I love it though Im planning to graduate to something more advanced once I save up some money.

It's funny because at the time I bought it I was supposed to use that money that my dad gave me for college tuiton and books but I wanted to impress this chick so I bought the strat instead and it's begining to pay off.

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2