Notifications
Clear all

I need to learn!

10 Posts
6 Users
0 Reactions
(@thatguy)
Topic starter  

I just got finished in my 8th grade year playing guitar in school and am in need of my own! Ive wanted to play for so long and now i REALLY want to. I want to play electric, tried acustic and didnt like it to much. I was wondering if anyone could give me some suggestions on a low end guitar around $200 not including amp. Thanks in advance... :D

(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

The first question everyone here will ask is what type of music do you want to play?
Lead, rhythm? what genre?
Different styles of guitars produce different sounds.
Take what advice you get here and go to your local music store and try out every guitar you can get your hands on. Even a few you can't afford for comparison.

ReplyQuote
(@thatguy)
Topic starter  

uhm im not sure what im interested in, as in lead or rhythem. Im interested in playing punk, metal, most rock, stuff like white stipes, hendrix, The Used, Zeplin. I have a music store near by which i wanted to go to tonight but mom is in a bad mood lol. I was also wondering if it might be a good idea to buy online and get one of those started kits...dont know the quality though. Thanks for the help!!

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

Here is a nice starter set in your price range.
http://www.activemusician.com/p/EM_X10MCPAK.asp?ref=br
But don't do anything until your mom is in a better mood.

ReplyQuote
(@rockerman)
Reputable Member

try a squier strat, its made by fender and it is the best guitar for 200

ReplyQuote
(@lotto-king)
Prominent Member

a little advise when first starting out , take a experienced player with you to buy , they will know what to look for like strings too far away from frets
and the such .

oh by the way welcome to the madness called guitar

Aghhhh

Not only am I a senior citizen

I'm now a bloody senior member

Are you people trying to tell me I'm old or what ?

over 700 posts ( I really do need to get out more )

ReplyQuote
(@thatguy)
Topic starter  

well does a kid my age who has been playing for 4 years count as an experienced player? cause in that case i know about 10 people i could take...if no then i know no one lol. Anyways geat advice all thanks!

ReplyQuote
(@thatguy)
Topic starter  

I was also wondering if anyone knew of a good low price amp...nothing great just somthing that gives out good sound and will be reliable, not quit on me all the time.

ReplyQuote
 dnc
(@dnc)

I recently bought my guitar for 200$, it is a Johnson LP style with dual humbuckers. I have a friend who has been playing for over twenty years, he has played Gibsons, Fenders, and currently plays a Carvin, anyways I tell you this because he has told me numerous times that it is a very good geetar for only 200$'s. I got my guitar at a local guitar shop, but I have seen them on a few websites and on ebay

Hope this helps, Caleb

ReplyQuote
(@itziks)
Estimable Member

check out

http://www.rondomusic.net/electricguitar.html

low price, good quality guitar package.
even if you but a good expensive' it is always nice to have a cheap one you can drag anywhere without caring too much for..

ReplyQuote