Notifications
Clear all

i wanna play like kirk hammett

5 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@bundens)
Topic starter  

i can pull of some metallica lead parts but its the mega fast ones i have problems with and not just metallica other leads for other bands too and no matter how many times i play it slow to learn it...i still can't sound like kirk hammett
...so i was wondering if its hopeless or if there is a trick....i think a part of my problems is that i can hammeron superbly but my pull offs are weak...super weak and sometimes i can get my fingers moving pretty fast but i still need to be able to execute them pull offs
any soloing tips out there on how i can sound like kirk hammett?
much appreciation..peace

(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

Yeah, there is a trick. It';s called practice. You seem to have noticed your pull-offs are weak. What do you expect us to tell you besides practicing them more untilyou can do it?

Welkom to GN by the way! :D

ReplyQuote
(@geek-in-the-pink)
Estimable Member

SLOW down the fast licks with a metronome. I did that just practicing a scale, and in 20 minutes, after speeding up slowly the results were incredible!!! Good luck.

ReplyQuote
(@alangreen)

Why do you want to sound like Kirk Hammett? Why don't you want to sound like you?

Best,

A :-)

"Be good at what you can do" - Fingerbanger"
I have always felt that it is better to do what is beautiful than what is 'right'" - Eliot Fisk
Wedding music and guitar lessons in Essex. Listen at: http://www.rollmopmusic.co.uk

ReplyQuote
(@bundens)
Topic starter  

well if i sound like me playing metallica that wouldn't sound like metallica
but i just bought the guitar grimoire scales and this book is pretty sweet its already improved my speed ...as far as the pull offs go
well no crap i need practice i was just wondering if anybody had any pointers
by the way thanks for the advice geek in the pink
peace

ReplyQuote