Notifications
Clear all

Illness

32 Posts
20 Users
0 Likes
(@oenyaw)
Reputable Member

This is becoming a heavy thread. Elecktrablue's comments reminded me of a few things. My mom was a spotless housekeeper until the big stroke. Then, the dust on the shelves just wasn't that important anymore. Then my brother died, followed by my father, both quite suddenly, and I went through a period of grieving/guilt. I was involved in a funeral of a friend of a friend, getting pallberrers together, and the entire process shed a different light on my situation. The friend of the friend had never told his family he was sick (2nd bout with leukemia) and they were all shocked when he died. All the guilt was lifted from me because I realized that the communication, or lack thereof, was a two way street. When someone dies, it's easy to blame yourself, because they can't argue with you. So the comment on the whole Oenyaw thing... goes like this. I went through all of my dad's things after he died. Believe me, when your gone, somebody will find EVERYTHING. I realized a few things. 1: That it was time for me to stop dreaming and start doing. Doing not on the basis of a possible return, but doing just for the sake of self-stisfaction. 2: That time just slips away, and there is absolutly no reason to spend it doing something you don't want to, or need to do. 3: That collecting a bunch of crap is just going to wind up in the garbage anyway. (He had a shed full of Christmas decorations. I inheirited over a thousand Hot Wheels cars, most unpacked. I gave them all away, most to a children's hospital). So I sold off most of my never-played CD collection, bought effects and recording equipment, legally established Oenyaw, LLC, and off I go! It's been a very self-rewarding 2 years.

Like everyone else, I have a few philosophies about life. One is that we all get what we want, the trick is knowing what it is we actually want. My father-in-law has MS, has had it for years. 40 years ago they gave hime 10 years to live. He's been partying ever since. I think there's something to think about in that. I got this book a while back, "The Hedonists Handbook". Highly recommended. http://www.curledup.com/hedonism.htm

ta ta for now,
Oenyaw

Brain-cleansing music for brain-numbing times in a brain dead world
http://www.oenyaw.com

ReplyQuote
(@violet-s)
Reputable Member

I've had similar experiences to many posting here so it was very comforting to read, I'm not seriously ill myself, family members and my 12 year old son has 3 disabilities, and it's always a worry about what will happen to them when you are gone and grieving at times what they must go through to deal with life. Music has also always been a great outlet for me.

I've read a few books on the healing aspects of music - many hospitals are taking advantage of this knowledge to provide relief to their patients. Music THerapy Degree Courses are being taught, there's one here at the Griffith UNiversity in Brisbane. It's a facinating and growing area.
Love and blessings for healing :)

ReplyQuote
Page 3 / 3