Initial Pedal Set - What Effects Should I Buy

1 Posts
1 Users
0 Likes
(@strangedata)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

Hello Everyone,

I've got a Fame GTA-15 full tube amp that sounds very nice but also very loud (at least that's what my neighbors keep telling me :lol:). That means that I can never enjoy the full overdrive I could get at higher volumes.

Finally I got my family into buying me some pedals for Xmas. The deal is this: I'll be getting 2 new pedals as a gift.

Since I don't have any pedals and nowhere to test them with my set, I'm not sure what kind of effects I need to play the songs I like (brands and models are all different beasts that I'll leave for a second post).

Just to make things clear, I enjoy (and would like to play) songs from The Who, Rolling Stones, Beatles and Elvis, but also eventually some rock songs from the late '80s and '90s (e.g. Guns and Roses).

I heard that if I get a boost, I'll be able to enjoy my amp's overdrive without having to put it too loud. Is that true? If so, should I get another overdrive pedal?

Anyway, what two or three effects do you recommend for playing the songs from the bands I like (specially the classic rock bands cited above) and that will take advantage of my tubes?

Thanks a lot for any input!