Clear all

Is this werid?..........

14 Posts
8 Users
0 Likes
(@athf_rules2)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

I have 2 small but effective amps, one 35 watts and the other 75 watts, ok on the 75 watt one there is the input all the effects, then to the side it has a headphone jack and something else.

That something else I have no clue what it is, the icon to the side of the unknown input has a little speaker and a musical note beside it. Anyone know what it is, this amp is a Crate. Anyway I wanted to hook up both the amps and I used this input, but something weird happened, when I did this the 35 amp played with all the sound. Like all the sound of the 75 amp is going into the 35 and all the effects of the 75 watt amp are going into the 35 watt amp, so the 35 watt amp is the only one playing sound the 75 watt amp just sits there being turned on not doing anything.

So I ask is this werid?

(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

Could it be an external speaker jack? or line out?

ReplyQuote
(@athf_rules2)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

im not sure, Like I siad I have no clue waht it is

ReplyQuote
(@athf_rules2)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

well I found out what it was, by the way this is my brothers amp he let me borrow it, the model it a GX-20M, and the thing i was talking about was an External Speaker Input: Use this input to connect the amp to an external speaker.

So was actually is the use for this to play the sound of this amp into a much bigger amp?

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

Not to a bigger amp but to a bigger speaker or multiple speaker cabinet.

ReplyQuote
(@athf_rules2)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

but u can do it with another amp though

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

Sure, if you don't care about the second amp a whole lot and have a fire extinguisher handy.
Speaker out is an already amplified signal. The input to the second amp is designed for an unamplified signal coming in.

ReplyQuote
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

Never ever connect a speaker-out into a regular input, FX-loop or any other line-level input. Ever. Not even when noone is watching. Words can't begin to describe how much you should never do that.

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

Best case scenerio you blow a fuse.
Worst case scenerio, flames shoot out of the back of the amp catching your house on fire, hot embers from your burning house set your neighbors house on fire, a leaky gas valve in your nieghbors basement causes a huge EXPLOSION starting a forrest fire that burns over a miilion acres, personnel at a secret military installation, seeing all the smoke and flames, launches an ICBM at Moscow which sets off a full nuclear exchange killing all life on the planet (except cockroaches)
So with everything at stake, PLEASE don't plug the speaker out into the other amp (I don't think my insurance will cover extinction)

ReplyQuote
(@musenfreund)
Illustrious Member

Best case scenerio you blow a fuse.
Worst case scenerio, flames shoot out of the back of the amp catching your house on fire, hot embers from your burning house set your neighbors house on fire, a leaky gas valve in your nieghbors basement causes a huge EXPLOSION starting a forrest fire that burns over a miilion acres, personnel at a secret military installation, seeing all the smoke and flames, launches an ICBM at Moscow which sets off a full nuclear exchange killing all life on the planet (except cockroaches)
So with everything at stake, PLEASE don't plug the speaker out into the other amp (I don't think my insurance will cover extinction)

Wow, that's really a worst case scenario!

Well we all shine on--like the moon and the stars and the sun.
-- John Lennon

ReplyQuote
(@redneckrocker)
Estimable Member

^I didn't know music was so dangerous. LMAO :shock:

~Mike the Redneck Rocker.

"The only two things in life that make it worth living are guitars that tune good and firm feeling women" - Waylon

ReplyQuote
 Taso
(@taso)
Famed Member

lol Missleman.

http://taso.dmusic.com/music/

ReplyQuote
(@rockerman)
Reputable Member

wow, missleman, everybody, grab your guitars and head for the bomb shelter, we have incomming :shock:

ReplyQuote
 Nils
(@nils)
Famed Member

Funny. I hope he just blows the fuse just in case he lives by me

:lol: :D :lol: :D :lol:

Nils' Page - Guitar Information and other Stuff
DMusic Samples

ReplyQuote