Clear all

Issues with the pick sliding around, update

8 Posts
7 Users
0 Likes
(@blackenedanger)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

For anyone who is having issues with their pick sliding out of place all the time.

I went and got some double stick tape. Wrapped it around the upper part of the pick, I left a little bit of the bottom without obviously so it doesn't hit the strings, and I gotta say it's completely changed my playing. It really works.

Only thing is you have to either re-tape it every so often because the tape wears down, esp. if you sweat alot, or tape a new pick. And also make sure that the end of the tape on the sides of the pick don't stick out, make sure they wrap around to the back do they don't hit the string. You'll know what I mean when you try it.

Anoyne else tried this? Thank god. I can finally focus on PLAYING instead of re-adjusting my pick every 5 seconds.

"Into ruin, I am sinking, hostage of this nameless feeling!" - MetallicA

Nils
(@nils)
Famed Member

When I was having trouble with the pick I used skate board traction tape. The pick wore out before the tape did.

Nils' Page - Guitar Information and other Stuff
DMusic Samples

ReplyQuote
(@jonetoe)
Reputable Member

Yes, I did that exact same thing (double side scotch tape) but I still practice without the tape sometimes

ReplyQuote
(@martin-6)
Honorable Member

I like to use Blu-Tack. I think there is a product called Gorilla Snot which does the same thing but it's probably horribly overpriced.

ReplyQuote
 Nils
(@nils)
Famed Member

I like to use Blu-Tack. I think there is a product called Gorilla Snot which does the same thing but it's probably horribly overpriced.
Yup, Gorilla snot is $5 and ProGrip (from a bowling shop) $2 - Same stuff and the ProGrip smells better.

Nils' Page - Guitar Information and other Stuff
DMusic Samples

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

I bought a little jar of Gorilla Snot a few years back, and I still have it (I never used it much.) It looks more like gorilla snot every day!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

ReplyQuote
(@rubburduckie)
Eminent Member

I got some great pics that feel like they were made with a mix of plastic and baby powder. I LOVE them they give a good grip, there were also some that had a texture to them like a fine sandpaper that gave good grip but i couldnt handle the sandpaper feel LOL

ReplyQuote
(@pilot)
Estimable Member

I just use a hole punch or some heavy sandpaper on mine. Rough it up with the sandpaper or put a couple of holes where your fingers go, instant grip action with no drying time. :D

ReplyQuote