Skip to content
It arrived!!!! (fol...

Notifications
Clear all

It arrived!!!! (follow up to "wants vs needs").

16 Posts
13 Users
0 Likes
(@fishrmann)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

Thursday afternoon it arrived!!! :lol:

http://www.schecterguitars.com/spec.asp?id=3

Wow, wow, wow!! I do not want to put it down!! Jammed with a couple friends Friday night, one has a tele, the other an GLP. I had to almost fight both of 'em to give the new ax back! It sounds justas pretty as it looks, the 5-way switch gives you everything you need - big beefy low end and all the way up from there.

Several folks said that with a new ax it'd still sound like me, and although correct, the "sound of me" improved so much much over the little beginner Squier!!!

With the Squier my "jam buddies" said I sounded like "Frankenstien", now they look forward to my joining thier jams :P

I could not be happier with this $700 ax..... the weeks of shopping and comparing really paid off, this is such an incredible piece, it truley sounds as nice as it looks!!

(@pearlthekat)
Noble Member

Congratulations! I like the Schecters too although I don't know much about them. It's good to see someone so excited about their new guitar!

ReplyQuote
(@duffmaster)
Noble Member

What kind of tone does it give?

vintage or hot or you know.

Who needs a signature?
I mean really...
It's almost always lyrics...
or a cliche...
or garbage about me...
Lets just save YOU from the pain, ok?

ReplyQuote
 Taso
(@taso)
Famed Member

Beautiful guitar, I've always liked the looks of them, but never gotten a chance to play one. Congrats.

http://taso.dmusic.com/music/

ReplyQuote
(@mikey)
Reputable Member

Beautiful piece of work. What color did you get? There is something about a figured wood grain with a blue finish on it that just hypnotises me. Guitars are such great pieces of art, then they get better when you realize how great they sound.

Best of luck with it.

Michael

Playing an instrument is good for your soul

ReplyQuote
(@chuckster)
Prominent Member

What a beautiful guitar. If it sounds as good as it looks its a steal at that price.

I've just added one of these to my short list of guitars to try out when I take the plunge and buy a new one. :lol:

I like the look of the 3 tone sun burst.

Enjoy your new axe. 8)

I've had a lot of sobering thoughts in my time.
It was them that turned me to drink.

ReplyQuote
(@fishrmann)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

The finish I picked was the antique - VERY VERY pretty. And it DOES sound as nice as it looks. I'd encourage anyone to check one out, especially for this price. As for the tone, I'd have to descrive it as full and warm by default, but by way of the 5-way switch you can such a wide range it's amazing.... Again, I'd have to encourage anyone to take a looksie, plug it in, and just hear what it does.

Over the weekend I got my first pedal, a BD2 Blues Driver, and have finally found "that sound" I've been hoping to get dialed in for quite some time.

The only concern I had about getting this ax has proven to be no problem at all, but having only been playing for a year now the fancy Vine of Life had me wondering if there'd be any problem finding notes up and down the neck... Again, this has not been a problem, and that inlay is just awesome!!

It sure an exciting time, thanks all for letting me share it with you! :lol:

ReplyQuote
 cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member

Very nice, when I was trying out guitars I really like the Scheters, they felt great. That maybe the next guitar I buy!

"It's all about stickin it to the man!"
It's a long way to the top if you want to rock n roll!

ReplyQuote
(@off-he-goes)
Noble Member

Beautiful guitar, I've always liked the looks of them, but never gotten a chance to play one. Congrats.

Same here Taso. I'd love to get the oppurtunity too though.

Vacate is the word...Vengance has no place on me or her...Cannot find a comfort in this world.

ReplyQuote
(@michhill8)
Honorable Member

Oh wow! those are beauties, I was thinking of buying one for myself, but a more important guitar came up (strat).

Thanks Dudes!
Keep on Rockin'

Pat

ReplyQuote
(@robbie)
Honorable Member

Hey there Fishrmann nice axe, really like the appearance. One question. What type of amp are you plugged into and what did the Bd2 blues driver pedal do for the tone. I am sort of in the hunt for the elusive Holy Grail too!
Robbie

ReplyQuote
(@fishrmann)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

Hey there Robbie, in all honesty at home it's running through my little Fender 15W practice amp, but did have the chance to run it through a Peavey Valveking 212 all-tude amp - THAT was awesome!! Although a new Peavey (or any tube amp!) isnt in my forseeable future, I'm still thrilled to death running it through my little Fender - at what the Boss instructions instructions refer to as the "American Blues" settings.

I know VERY little about AMPS and pedals, even how to properly explain "tone". Perhaps someone can share more insight... Until the day comes where I can pick up that Peavey of my own, that little pedal has made me VERY happy with the sounds of "me". Make any sense?

ReplyQuote
(@robbie)
Honorable Member

Cool! Thanx for the reply. Have a great time with the new axe.

ReplyQuote
(@thedonutman)
Eminent Member

I was very close to getting a schecter bass a while ago, but i changed my mind when i saw a fender jazz on ebay for about £200. schecters look very cool

ReplyQuote
 geoo
(@geoo)
Famed Member

Beautiful guitar. That is actually my dream guitar, only the blue one. Several threads here about that.. LOL

congrats too you.

Geoo

“The hardest thing in life is to know which bridge to cross and which to burn” - David Russell (Scottish classical Guitarist. b.1942)

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2