Clear all

Just Venting...

11 Posts
10 Users
0 Likes
(@ldavis04)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

Ever feel like you have reached a plateau, and instead of getting past it and heading up the hill, you fall back down the hill and hit bottom? Guess it's been one of those weeks...can't hit simple chord changes, timing is way off, easy things seem difficult this week. Bah....

Thanks for listening....I'll get past it....patience and persistence will prevail....

I may grow old, but I'll never grow up.

Jay1
(@jay1)
Trusted Member

I know where you're coming from mate. I've been exactly the same the last week or so. I've pretty much gone back to square one and am concentrating on being a lot more accruate and correct with my technique, I think i had got lazy and it stopped me going anywhere, things seemed to be getting harder rather than easier.

Can be frustrating, but as I'm assured by so many poeple it's just a case of hanging in there, practicing, and making sure that even when you are frustrated you try and take something rewarding out of everytime you play. After all it's gotta be fun :)

ReplyQuote
(@ballybiker)
Honorable Member

ABSOLUTELY....TOTALLY....WITHOUT DOUBT!!!!!

think you got the message lol

sometimes a break can work wonders.....i struggled for weeks to get some rhythm into my strumming.....gave up and conciously left the guitar alone for 48 hrs.....just listened to music....tapped my foot to the beats....counted out beats....read some theory...

then.....just like magic...when i picked it up...WOW.....who did that????...i was elated :lol: :lol: ........

two days later :shock:

you guessed it.......I sucked :evil: :evil: :evil:

kinda learning to accept this whole guitar elation/deflation paradox now :roll:

your never alone :wink:

what did the drummer get on his I.Q. test?....

Drool

http://www.myspace.com/ballybiker

ReplyQuote
 geoo
(@geoo)
Famed Member

Breaks work great for some but I prefer to just plow through. There are times I just cant stand playing but I do anyway. Its worked for me, but everyone is different. Luckly, my mostly postitive attitude has kept me from getting to down for any length of time.

Jim

“The hardest thing in life is to know which bridge to cross and which to burn” - David Russell (Scottish classical Guitarist. b.1942)

ReplyQuote
 Mike
(@mike)
Famed Member

It's times like this that make us, A) go crazy. B) wonder how long the funk's going to last. C#) go crazy. D) re-evaluate what we're trying to do. E) more craziness. F#) wonder how we got where we are today. G#) and most importantly, appreciate all the ones doing it with us, and before us.

It can be A major pain, but we'll make it. :D

ReplyQuote
 cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member

Mike,

Or it could B minor!

"It's all about stickin it to the man!"
It's a long way to the top if you want to rock n roll!

ReplyQuote
 Mike
(@mike)
Famed Member

:lol: Good one!

ReplyQuote
(@dogbite)
Illustrious Member

hitting rock bottom allows one to go and buy more gear.
it was amazing . last week I was on top of my game. this week everything sounds terrible.
tone gone.
mood gone.
gone gone.
dog gone.

but I will be back. cause Ive been there more times than I can count.
and when you do get back you will find yourself playing things you never thought of or thought you could play.
it is truth.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=644552
http://www.soundclick.com/couleerockinvaders

ReplyQuote
(@kickinstonesblu)
Trusted Member

The BLUES come around....Eb. Use it.

KSblu

If I don't remember it....It didn't happen

ReplyQuote
(@ghost)
Prominent Member

Can be frustrating, but as I'm assured by so many poeple it's just a case of hanging in there, practicing, and making sure that even when you are frustrated you try and take something rewarding out of everytime you play. After all it's gotta be fun :)

The fun part was missing when I started every time. Now I don't mind re-learning what I had learned over and over again. I'm slowly getting better every time I play guitar.

"If I had a time machine, I'd go back and tell me to practise that bloody guitar!" -Vic Lewis

Everything is 42..... again.

ReplyQuote
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

....patience and persistence will prevail....

That's the ticket, right there! :D

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

ReplyQuote