Clear all

Keeps unlockin'

6 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@thalespaulguy)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

Sometime when I am playing my dad's Les Paul standing up with strap lock in perfectly the strap lock closest to the neck comes off and scares me because it almost hits the ground which kinda did once and the tuning isn't staying as well as it used to.When I play standing up I like to have the neck close to me making the guitar mostly diagonal/vertical.Is this a problem for anyone else and do you think I should maybe tilt the guitar over so it doesn't comes lose?

(@trguitar)
Famed Member

You got strap locks and it still comes off? I've never had any of my strap locks fail. Now with regular strap buttons Les Pauls are very unstable hanging from a strap. Thats why I bought the strap locks in the first place. What type of strap locks are they?

"Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard,
grow big, wear glasses if you need 'em."
-- The Webb Wilder Credo --

ReplyQuote
(@thalespaulguy)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

I am not sure.They are just push button ones

ReplyQuote
(@doc-gliss)
Eminent Member

Try putting the strap on, then tugging at as if you were trying to deliberately pull it off at the locks. I too, have used the push button kind of strap lock and sometimes the little mechanism doesn't quite lock in all the way. Once I check them though and make sure they're seated in there properly, they never come loose.

Good luck!

If the dude woke up this mornin', he's playin'.

ReplyQuote
(@dogbite)
Illustrious Member

yes. recheck the strap connection. I like that you have the neck up near your face. it is a good way to play.
it has nothing to do with the strap coming loose.
frightening feeling isnt it. every now and then my guitar slips off the peg. usually the bottom . I am holding the neck.
lord, the adrenilin runs.!

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=644552
http://www.soundclick.com/couleerockinvaders

ReplyQuote
(@trguitar)
Famed Member

Sounds like Dunlops. I have those on some of my guitars. Yeah, I give em a little tug too to make sure they are set. I push the button in to incert them, then give a little pull to make sure they grab. I got Schallers on my Gibson Les Pauls (the horse shoe shaped ones) but I have a set of Dunlops on my Agile LP copy and haven't had that problem.

"Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard,
grow big, wear glasses if you need 'em."
-- The Webb Wilder Credo --

ReplyQuote