Clear all

Knockin On Heavens Door

7 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@cubone)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

Hi, Ive played the guitar for a couple of months now. Ive found that its easy for me to learn diffrent struming patterns but I cant learn how to play by tabulature if my life depended on it. So I thougth I would take a song that I learned to strum without missing the chords and make it a bit more interesting. So if anyone got som easy ways to make knocking on heavens door a bit more interesting I would be very happy. Nothing fancy, just som small pickingpatterns would be great.

English is not my first language so I hope you understand what I'm trying to say.

(@musenfreund)
Illustrious Member

David works with this issue in his article Leading Questions. It's just what you're looking for, I think.

Well we all shine on--like the moon and the stars and the sun.
-- John Lennon

ReplyQuote
(@xtremesheep)
Eminent Member

i don't know what version of knocking on heavens door your playing, but learn the guns n roses verson of it. it's pretty cool.

ReplyQuote
 Taso
(@taso)
Famed Member

yeah, its cool if you like that version. Lots of people don't. I happen to think Clapton's and GNR's are the best versions personally.

But!

Learn to read tablature, it isn't hard to read at all.

If you need it explained to you, I can certainly do that...You can get me on aim at nyyankees1855 or msn at [email protected]

:)

http://taso.dmusic.com/music/

ReplyQuote
(@forrok_star)
Noble Member

what ever the musical style songs follow a similar structure. In the 50s and early 60s, there were hardly more than three different chord progressions (formulas) for any kind of rock music. Chord progression formulas like this one The 1-6m-4-5 (C Am F G). Sound familiar enough? The Key change, the chords, the words and the tunes are different, but the basic shape of the songs is the same, you can learn them quickly.

Here's a few, I-IV-V chord progression, II-V-I Chord Progression, I-vi-ii-V Chord Progression.

A couple of sites expand your knowledge.

Money Chords

Word IQ

Joe

ReplyQuote
(@cubone)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

Its not that I have a problem reading tabulature, the problem is making my fingers play it :D

Thx Musenfreund, that was exactly what I was after...

English is not my first language so I hope you understand what I'm trying to say.

ReplyQuote
(@musenfreund)
Illustrious Member

8)

Well we all shine on--like the moon and the stars and the sun.
-- John Lennon

ReplyQuote