20 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
 sean
(@sean)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

hello all
i have just been into a music shop near to my work and the guy in there has put together a tasty deal for me he has included thi amp
http://www.kustom.com/amps/guitar/practice/kga10FXcombo.asp and i just wanted to know if anyone has one and if they think its good or not....it sounded awesome for a 10w amp in store

"A word to the wise ain't necessary -- it's the stupid ones that need the advice."

Sean

geoo
(@geoo)
Famed Member

Never used one but HEREare some user reviews on Harmony Central for you.

Best of luck
Geoo

“The hardest thing in life is to know which bridge to cross and which to burn” - David Russell (Scottish classical Guitarist. b.1942)

ReplyQuote
 sean
(@sean)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

Cheers Geoo that pretty much is what i thought the little thing looks bomb proof to say the least those reveiws have made my mind up for me!!
time to get the trusty plastic out i think :P

"A word to the wise ain't necessary -- it's the stupid ones that need the advice."

Sean

ReplyQuote
 geoo
(@geoo)
Famed Member

Plastic?? Well then, buy two and send me one. its the LEAST you could do. LOL

Geoo

“The hardest thing in life is to know which bridge to cross and which to burn” - David Russell (Scottish classical Guitarist. b.1942)

ReplyQuote
(@biker_jim_uk)
Honorable Member

go on then Sean which guitar and how much if you don't mind?

ReplyQuote
 sean
(@sean)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

this is the one its a vintage brand SG with 2 humbuckers im paying £200 for this and the kustom amp with a few extras thrown in as well, do you think that is a good deal?

http://www.musicianshop.com/cgi/musicianshop-uk.cgi/pagevintageelectricguitars/44808206431b its the first one on the list

Sean

ReplyQuote
(@biker_jim_uk)
Honorable Member

It's not really important what I think as long as you're happy! ;)
I would probably go for this
http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/options.php?id=10383
or this
http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/options.php?id=3484

but that's me, and your way you have local support in case of any problems (hopefully they'll be none)

ReplyQuote
 sean
(@sean)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

why would you go for those over the vintage? the reason i picked it is cos i wanted something with humbuckers but now you have put an element of doubt in my mind.........is the vintage poor value for money?

Sean

ReplyQuote
(@biker_jim_uk)
Honorable Member

I don't know much about the Vintage, the Pacificas are supposed to be very good and have a humbucker and I have a Squier myself which I like, you can probably get an Affinity Fat strat for the same money. However I probably know less tahn you about guitars, I just like to give people options ;)
But It is whatever you are happy and comfortable with, if you tried the SG and liked the sound through the Kustom then go for it.

IMO if you are set on a SG though I'd go for the G400 from Peter Cook I suggested in your other thread

ReplyQuote
 sean
(@sean)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

ok jim...to be honest i know next to nothing about guitars i just know the sound i want to try and create and then try to get the best advice off of others that i can........its allso confusing....if only i was a millionare then i could buy all the guitars i want and not worry about picking the wrong one.......

Sean

ReplyQuote
(@biker_jim_uk)
Honorable Member

and do you think you can recreate the sound on the items you are wanting? Did you try them out or get the shop guys to do it for you?

ReplyQuote
 sean
(@sean)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

LOL i can try to recreate the sounds that i want......i mean ACDC Led Zeppelin and all that but no im no where near that standard yet i know a few lick and trick and some basic songs thats it the guy in the shop gave me a demo of back in black and whole lotta love and it sounded awesome....i did give it a go myself but i managed the intro to white stripes seven nation army and played a few bars of wonder wall by oasis and it felt really good...why did you ask?

Sean

ReplyQuote
(@biker_jim_uk)
Honorable Member

because the only way you'll know if the guitar and amp give you the sound you want is to hear them.
Did you try the SG through a different amp and a different guitar through the Kustom?
I just worry that what ever the shop guy played would sound awsome, because they always do to me ;)

ReplyQuote
 sean
(@sean)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

LOL yeah he was pretty good!!
i tried it through a couple of amps an the Kustom was by far the best that i could afford and tried a les paul through the Kustom they all sounded pretty good!!

Sean

ReplyQuote
(@biker_jim_uk)
Honorable Member

Excellent, hope you have lots of fun with them

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2