Clear all

Looking for music from sports team

1 Posts
1 Users
0 Likes
(@mrodgers)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

Its a Hockey Night in Pittsburgh, lady's and gentlemen as the Pittsburgh Penguins take on the Montreal Canadians in the 2nd round of the 2010 Stanley Cup Playoffs!

Ok, now that's out of the way. Didn't know what section I should put this in, so I put it here. I am and have been for quite some time, desperately searching for tabs, sheet music, anything for the Pittsburgh Penguins theme song. I was hoping someone may have a source for sports team music or something.

The actual name of the song is "Boys of Winter". I don't know who it is by. The original for years and years, as long as I can remember which is from back in Mario's first games in 1984, was done with trumpets I believe. The new recent one sounds like a distorted guitar.

OH! I just found a post on the team forum of someone hunting the mp3 of it and someone else posting both versions. Man, if only I knew how to transcribe it! FYI, this is the mp3 file of the new version that I want in tab form. Actually, the rhythm part sounds nearly identical to Metallica's Enter Sandman, LOL.