Notifications
Clear all

Looking To Buy A Capo

27 Posts
21 Users
0 Likes
(@pvtele)
Reputable Member

I know you men won't be particularly interested, but, for the women who read this thread, Dunlop also makes a pink capo for the Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Research Centers and a portion of all of their sales from those pink capoes goes directly to Susan G. Komen BCRC. I own two of them, and they're GREAT capoes!

I can't say I fancy a pink capo myself - though the Dunlops are IMHO as good as Shubbs, nothing else is - but as the husband of a lovely wife who had a recent scare in that department, anything that helps breast cancer research has got to be a seriously good thing ...

ReplyQuote
(@slydog)
Reputable Member

I've got a friend who swears by a rubberband and a No. 2 pencil (I'm serious). Available at all fine office supply stores.

Blame it on the lies that killed us, blame it on the truth that ran us down.

ReplyQuote
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

I know you men won't be particularly interested, but, for the women who read this thread, Dunlop also makes a pink capo for the Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Research Centers and a portion of all of their sales from those pink capoes goes directly to Susan G. Komen BCRC. I own two of them, and they're GREAT capoes!

I can't say I fancy a pink capo myself - though the Dunlops are IMHO as good as Shubbs, nothing else is - but as the husband of a lovely wife who had a recent scare in that department, anything that helps breast cancer research has got to be a seriously good thing ...

I completely agree! :D

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

ReplyQuote
(@rubburduckie)
Eminent Member

I use Dunlop capoes all the time - in my opinion they are the best capo for your buck.
I am sure others will disagree though!
And they do a good range of colours too ---- extremely important to your sound
Matt

This will soudn really strange but can you buy them in support of that cause without having to get one in pink?? I HATE pink

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

Anything beats the elcheepo I'm using right now. One of those metal-tooth clamp jobs with the little strap that wraps around and locks into place.

Time to upgrade.

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

ReplyQuote
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

I use Dunlop capoes all the time - in my opinion they are the best capo for your buck.
I am sure others will disagree though!
And they do a good range of colours too ---- extremely important to your sound
Matt

This will soudn really strange but can you buy them in support of that cause without having to get one in pink?? I HATE pink

No. Sorry! But pink is the color that Susan G. Komen uses. They have the pink ribbons and pins, pink T-shirts..... everythings pink! You could, however, buy a pink one and paint it! :D

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

ReplyQuote
(@davidhodge)

Just go with the pink and tell the audience your capo's name is Floyd...

I have two of them, by the bye

Peace

ReplyQuote
(@primeta)
Prominent Member

It's Kyser, not Dunlop who make them, correct?

"Things may get a whole lot worse/ Before suddenly falling apart"
Steely Dan
"Look at me coyote, don't let a little road dust put you off" Knopfler

ReplyQuote
(@rubburduckie)
Eminent Member

I will do it for the cause but I will NEVER use it lol i have a huge phobia of pink.... dont ask my therapist has been covering the issue for 7 years LOL just kidding

ReplyQuote
(@ccwilliams)

Shubb is the way to go. Easy to adjust and looks like it will last a lifetime.

There is no adjustment on the spring clothes peg type capo's, like the Kyser, and I was worried about damaging the neck on my guitar becuase it clamped too tight.

However, one advantage of the spring type capos, it that you can clamp it to the headstock when you're not using it.

But having said all that the shubb is great.

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

I just picked up a Kyser this afternoon. Seems to work pretty well.

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

ReplyQuote
(@u2bono269)
Noble Member

ive got a kyser, a dunlop AND a shubb, and they are all fine, excellent capos. i dont really think any of the 3 are better, they are all even in their wonderfulness.

i want one of those Victor Johnny Cash capos too, just for kicks and giggles.

http://www.brianbetteridge.com

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2