0 Likes
(@slodogg)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

my Low E string feels a little loose, how do you tighten them up

SLODOGG62

(@the_jinj)
Eminent Member

Do you mean loose as in you could easily bend it by lots? If yes then I'm guessing it's tuned an octave too low....

ReplyQuote
(@slodogg)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Do you mean loose as in you could easily bend it by lots? If yes then I'm guessing it's tuned an octave too low....
Loose, like you can wiggle it real like from the cieling to floor direction. If i try retuning it to tighten it up, it throws the tunning of it all off Kilter !! LOL

Thanks again

SLODOGG62

ReplyQuote
(@stengah)
Trusted Member

What kind of guitar is it?

ReplyQuote
(@the_jinj)
Eminent Member

When you tune up it's pulling your trem {I'm speculating here :)) - maybe need to add afew springs to it or tune up the low strings then tune the rest to that.....

ReplyQuote
(@ballybiker)
Honorable Member

i feel your in need of some hands on.....do you know any guitar players who live close by?...get them to point you in the right direction...failing that take it to a store and let them dabble......seems your going round in circles my friend :?

what did the drummer get on his I.Q. test?....

Drool

http://www.myspace.com/ballybiker

ReplyQuote
(@slodogg)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

What kind of guitar is it?

An Ibanez

SLODOGG62

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

are you used to playing an acoustic? when i first switched to electric, it seemed that way to me, too.
it's possible you put the a string on the e and the e on the a.
otherwise, if it doesn't rattle when you're playing chords, don't worry about it too much for now... take the other guys advice about asking someone to look at it.

ReplyQuote
(@slodogg)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

are you used to playing an acoustic?

Thanks Jason !! Heck, ive never played anything before !! I think ive got alright now, i beleive it was just out of tune. LOL.. badly.

SLODOGG62

ReplyQuote
(@vccky)
Estimable Member

Yea, it`s probably around an octave out of tune. Also, the tuning pegs can sometimes kinda like become `loose` or something and so you can turn them and turn and turn and it doesn`t tune. Just kinda turn them slowly till they get back to usual. However, I doubt that`s the problem, you`d really have felt it when you try tuning your guitar! :D

But you know, you can also look on the bright side...the looser the strings are, the easier it is to make bends. They won`t sound good but you`ll be bending all right. ;)

ReplyQuote