Clear all

Lyrics for Buddy Holly...

7 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@josephlefty)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

Anyone have all the lyrics for Buddy Holly's "That'll be the day"???....

I watched a lesson on cable TV for this song but this lesson was half-a$$ed as the teacher stated he was omitting the guitar solo and only spit out a few verses.

But I know the intro picking, strumming pattern and chords and this song is IN MY HEAD and I know I can play it if I can get the missing pieces (lyrics and solo) and put it together and I have to play it just because I know I can and I can only play one other song beginning to end and need to build a collection of songs that I can play completely. Riffs depress me, I need completeness (is that a word?).

I did a good search on the net and sometimes (like in this case) I find the same tab from one person plastered out there everywhere and it is also incomplete.

If it was easy it wouldn't be worth doing.

(@chris-c)
Famed Member

That Tab thing is a bit of a pain isn't it. :(

Same attempt listed everwhere you try, and sometimes a pretty useless one at that....

Try Googling this way:

+"Buddy Holly" +lyrics +"That'll be the day"

With the plus signs and quote marks in place. I found a heap doing it that way, with this one at the top of the page:

Lyrics here

ReplyQuote
(@chris-c)
Famed Member

And if you replace the word 'lyrics' with the word 'chords':

The first one that came up for me was this:

Chords, melody and words

-------------------------------

In case anybody doesn't know how to search on Google, it's fairly easy

For a single word just put a + sign right next to it. +chords

For more that one word, put them in quotes too +"Buddy Holly"

this saves you finding stuff about some guy and his buddy collecting holly at Christmas. (You'd find that if you just put +buddy +holly)

For stuff you DON'T want use a - (minus) sign. E.g. you might get hits with sites just mentioning things about Buddy Holly. So you might put:

- "American Pie"

Sometimes it takes a while to get the right combo of key words and sometimes it pays to shorten a phrase in case they don't have the full quote on a site.

Works well when you get the hang of it. :)

ReplyQuote
(@rik-anderson)
Estimable Member

Thanks Chris, I have been using google for the last four years and I never knew that, cheers mate

The only thing that keeps me from realising my full potential is the depressing awareness that it wouldn't take much time or effort...

ReplyQuote
(@chris-c)
Famed Member

Glad to help Rik, :)

And good onya for taking the trouble to post a thanks. Great to hear that somebody found it helpful. :D

It amazes me how rarely people do that simple thing of passing on an appreciation of something they found on a forum.

Often I see huge posts from some forum expert or another (not talking about myself here..) that must have taken a lot of time and effort to write out, and then...... nothing.... the person that wrote the question either just grabbed the information and ran, or maybe never bothered to come back to read it. :(

Much better crowd all round on this site than most other forums though. I think musically inclined people are just a nicer breed all round. :wink:

ReplyQuote
(@rik-anderson)
Estimable Member

Courtesy costs nothing, thanks again. Oh and by the way I LMAO at your post about never making a mistake, absolutley brilliant :D

The only thing that keeps me from realising my full potential is the depressing awareness that it wouldn't take much time or effort...

ReplyQuote
(@josephlefty)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

Yo Chris....I googled and it worked, I have the lyrics. Now I just have to find the instrumental in the middle but it will be easier now.

Thanks for the tips on narrowing down searches. No doubt it will help me again and again avoid those incomplete and wrong tab attempts that are plastered all over the place by the same person.

Where would we be without GUITARNOISE.COM???........LOST!
:wink:

If it was easy it wouldn't be worth doing.

ReplyQuote