Notifications
Clear all

my finger tips

9 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
(@uberlc)
Topic starter  

I bought my first guitar yesterday and I played for about 3 hours on and off.
I was expecting my fingers to hurt, but are they supposed to be numb? My index, middle and ring finger tips are all numb

(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member

absolutely.

I've practiced in the morning and then come into work. You'd be amazed at how weird it feels to type without being able to feel the keyboard.

The numbness and pain go away after a while. Keep pluggin away.

ReplyQuote
(@uberlc)
Topic starter  

ya it was hard typing that post :?

but it's definately good to know

it took me roughly 3 hours to learn good riddance by green day yesterday... and now my fingers are feeling it

ReplyQuote
(@odiewon)
Eminent Member

Let me get this straight, you got your first guitar, and learned a song, in the same day?

"Never holster an unloaded weapon, it's just poor form." - Col. Jeff Cooper

ReplyQuote
(@metaellihead)
Honorable Member

Let me get this straight, you got your first guitar, and learned a song, in the same day?

He might have been using one borrowed from a friend or had some other minor experience before buying. Plus, look at the song he learned, not exactly on par with Eruption...

http://www.mxtabs.net/tab_versions.php?path=Guitar,g,563,Green+Day,Good+Riddance,33298

-Metaellihead

ReplyQuote
(@uberlc)
Topic starter  

ya it's a really easy song
but I've never played the guitar before... that's why my fingers hurt like hell

ReplyQuote
 Taso
(@taso)
Famed Member

good job, welcome to guitarnoise :)

http://taso.dmusic.com/music/

ReplyQuote
(@odiewon)
Eminent Member

Yeah, right on Dude.

I wish I'd been able to learn a song in the first MONTH. LOL. I'm musically impaired. LOL..

But really, that's GREAT.

"Never holster an unloaded weapon, it's just poor form." - Col. Jeff Cooper

ReplyQuote
(@strife)
Eminent Member

the first day i got my guitar ( never actually played one before) i was playing some of the other side by the red hot chili peppers and iron man.
now that i had my fuitar for a month and a half i no some bits and peices ot song and whatever song are based on chord that are in the book guitar techer taught me. granted i cant even play th full twinkle twinle little star yet ( i think that is more becuase of lack of caring about learning it at this point that it is lack of talent to play it) tbut the guitar tore my finger apart.my index finger had a calus then i got pissed of at the calus and managed to cut it off with my knife (BAD MOVE) i can just abvout play without the pain of what left of the calus

ReplyQuote