Clear all

My notes

11 Posts
8 Users
0 Likes
(@slodogg)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

I'm beginning to know all the notes now, at least all the A, B, C, D and E and the sharps on the fret board, should i just keep practicing all those till i get them all down real good? or should i do something else now?

If you had your hands pressing down on the notes, i couldnt tell you which ones those were though, should i just keep practing till I can do that? Like where someone can point and ask whats that note and i can tell them.

SLODOGG62

(@alangreen)

Probably not a lot of value in that. What you will find more useful is being able to listen to what you're playing and instantly know when you've hit a bum note and what to do to correct it.

Best,

A :-)

"Be good at what you can do" - Fingerbanger"
I have always felt that it is better to do what is beautiful than what is 'right'" - Eliot Fisk
Wedding music and guitar lessons in Essex. Listen at: http://www.rollmopmusic.co.uk

ReplyQuote
(@slodogg)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Probably not a lot of value in that. What you will find more useful is being able to listen to what you're playing and instantly know when you've hit a bum note and what to do to correct it.

Best,

A :-)

Thanks Alan !! so basically just pick a note and strum it and remember which that was?

SLODOGG62

ReplyQuote
(@kevin72790)
Prominent Member

What he's saying is, it's great to know if you've played a bumb note, which is pretty much...what it says, a bumb note. It doesn't "ring" like a good note, it's dreary. It could happen if you pressed down way too hard, if you didn't press down hard enough, if you played it on teh fret, or if you muted the string.

ReplyQuote
(@iliketheguitar)
Estimable Member

What he's saying is, it's great to know if you've played a bumb note, which is pretty much...what it says, a bumb note. It doesn't "ring" like a good note, it's dreary. It could happen if you pressed down way too hard, if you didn't press down hard enough, if you played it on teh fret, or if you muted the string.

Actually, not to be rude though. I think what was meant by a bumb note is that when you are playing scales, to learn to be able to recognize when you hit a wrong note. I may be wrong though. Not very good at reading minds.

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)

I'm beginning to know all the notes now, at least all the A, B, C, D and E and the sharps on the fret board, should i just keep practicing all those till i get them all down real good? or should i do something else now?

If you had your hands pressing down on the notes, i couldnt tell you which ones those were though, should i just keep practing till I can do that? Like where someone can point and ask whats that note and i can tell them.

Start applying the notes, make them music. Can you read music?

If you can start sight reading some songs you are familier with then if you hit a bad note you will know by your developing ear

ReplyQuote
(@kevin72790)
Prominent Member

Actually, not to be rude though. I think what was meant by a bumb note is that when you are playing scales, to learn to be able to recognize when you hit a wrong note. I may be wrong though. Not very good at reading minds.
......that's exactly what I said.

ReplyQuote
(@iliketheguitar)
Estimable Member

Oh, I guess I misunderstood what you wrote.

ReplyQuote
(@clockworked)
Reputable Member

I don't think that's what you said. You were referring to the way a note sounds when fretted properly versus how it sounds when it's not fretted properly, at least that's what my grasp of English could decipher.

The Iliketheguitar guy talked about the actual note in relation to a scale.

Two different things, but they could both be considered a bum note.

Used to be, was a part of me felt like hiding.. but now it comes through. Comes through to you.

ReplyQuote
 jimh
(@jimh)
Estimable Member

Personally, I have no problem determining that I've hit a bum note. I do it often, just to practice it. :wink:

Music is the universal language.

ReplyQuote
(@causnorign)
Honorable Member

One way to learn the fretboard, which I assume is what your working on is to learn the notes on one string, and to be aware of what the note on the adjacent string is, like a C will be next to an F or an A will be next to a D. Of course this gets wierd at the B string which is only a fourth from the G instead of a fifth.
Eric

ReplyQuote