Clear all

My Wife's gonna kill me!!!!!

74 Posts
23 Users
0 Likes
(@markthechuck)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

Just been out at lunch and brought a washburn kc70v, Anyone got a spare room...

A knock back is the beginning of a comeback!!!

cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member

For you or the guitar? I could probably find room for the guitar...but if I gave yo a room you might want food too!

"It's all about stickin it to the man!"
It's a long way to the top if you want to rock n roll!

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Just tell her it was a birthday present to yourself.....

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

LOL! Walk in, give her a big kiss and tell her "thank you so much for this wonderful birthday present"! :lol:

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

ReplyQuote
(@bgdaddy316)
Reputable Member

Buy her something of equal or greater value. Give it to her and then slip in an "Oh, by the way..."

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

Lookie here. Don't pay no attention to these amateurs. Repeat after me.

"I was in the guitar store today and couldn't help myself. Staring into the guitar's finish reminded me so much of staring into your eyes on our wedding day. I just had to have it." Slice up a couple of onions before you walk in to the house. Problem solved.

:mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

ReplyQuote
(@mrodgers)
Trusted Member

What the heck is wrong with us? Are we men or are we MEN?

Why does everything always start out with, "My wife's gonna kill me!!!!" when we buy something? It's about time we stand up and let them know we won't take it any more!

Hmm..... do what I do. Leave it in the trunk and sneak it in when she goes to bed. Only play after she is in bed and keep it hidden in the dark corner of the basement.....

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

mrodgers is right. What's going on with you guys here? I run things around my house. In fact, I might just run the vacuum cleaner any minute now.

They don't appreciate anything anyhow. I bought my wife a new lawn mower last year for Mother's Day. She hasn't touched it. Wrong color, maybe?

Oh, Mark (or Mr. TheChuck), congrats on yer new axe! Better write her a love/sorry song really quick-like.

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

ReplyQuote
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

What the heck is wrong with us? Are we men or are we MEN?
I agree! :evil:

Anyway, did you buy something for her? :roll:

(Mark: don't forget send us some pictures!)

ReplyQuote
(@markthechuck)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

I'm home but it's still in the car boot, i'm out jammin in a bit so i'll bring it in the house with me then, Birthday pressie to myself i'm gonna say then pour her a glass of wine that i'm going to pick up on the way back. i'll post some pic's as soon as i get time, Roy your post was killer funny, Funny little post Cheers.

Mark

A knock back is the beginning of a comeback!!!

ReplyQuote
(@jimatwell)
Eminent Member

I was watching TV with my wife recently after buying a new guitar and surfed to a Pearl Jam performance where the guitarist was playing behind his back. I was told that I could't buy another guitar until I could do that.

p.s. can somebody post a lesson on playing behind your back :wink:

ReplyQuote
(@clau20)
Reputable Member

I'm going to tell you something...

When I'll have a boyfriend, I want him to be able to take decision and not just ask me "But you, what do you really want? Choose by yourself and I'll say nothing"

Be a MAN or a liar.. :roll: :wink:

" First time I heard the music
I thought it was my own
I could feel it in my heartbeat
I could feel it in my bones
... Blame it on the love of Rock'n'Roll! "

ReplyQuote
(@mrodgers)
Trusted Member

They don't appreciate anything anyhow. I bought my wife a new lawn mower last year for Mother's Day. She hasn't touched it. Wrong color, maybe?
Ok, I've got you there. I haven't mowed the lawn since 2002 :D.

In fact, I just got home from filling the gas can so she can mow tomorrow :D. Hydrastatic tractor transmission is the best thing I've ever purchased, hehehe.
I was watching TV with my wife recently after buying a new guitar and surfed to a Pearl Jam performance where the guitarist was playing behind his back. I was told that I could't buy another guitar until I could do that.
Surely by now you know the most basic of scales that you could do it sleeping. Or perhaps Twinkle Twinkle Little Star would be simple enough to play behind your back......

Think outside the box with that one :D

ReplyQuote
(@kent_eh)
Noble Member

I'm going to tell you something...

When I'll have a boyfriend, I want him to be able to take decision and not just ask me "But you, what do you really want? Choose by yourself and I'll say nothing"

Be a MAN or a liar.. :roll: :wink:

Nooo, it's a trap! :wink:

My wife told me to "do what you want" once.
So I did, and spent a week sleeping on the downstairs sofa because of my choice!

I wrapped a newspaper ’round my head
So I looked like I was deep

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Ok, I've got you there. I haven't mowed the lawn since 2002

You beat me - I haven't done that particular task since 2005. And never will again. I hate gardening so much I had the whole caboodle flagged & stoned. No more gardening for me, EVER!

Now if getting out of the painting and decorating was only so simple.......

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 5