Clear all

My Wife's gonna kill me!!!!!

74 Posts
23 Users
0 Likes
(@raistx)
Trusted Member

I'm going to tell you something...

When I'll have a boyfriend, I want him to be able to take decision and not just ask me "But you, what do you really want? Choose by yourself and I'll say nothing"

Be a MAN or a liar.. :roll: :wink:

Clau20,

Will this still be the case if the boyfriend becomes your husband? :-)

Sounds like famous last words "my wife said I could make my own decisions"

ReplyQuote
(@clau20)
Reputable Member

Clau20,

I'll never know, because I'll probably never get married :wink:

I want a boyfriend who can take decision, but no wedding :lol:

" First time I heard the music
I thought it was my own
I could feel it in my heartbeat
I could feel it in my bones
... Blame it on the love of Rock'n'Roll! "

ReplyQuote
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

I'm going to tell you something...

When I'll have a boyfriend, I want him to be able to take decision and not just ask me "But you, what do you really want? Choose by yourself and I'll say nothing"

Be a MAN or a liar.. :roll: :wink:

Nooo, it's a trap! :wink:
+1

:lol:

ReplyQuote
(@hyperborea)
Prominent Member

Clau20,

I'll never know, because I'll probably never get married :wink:

I want a boyfriend who can take decision, but no wedding :lol:

There's a difference between spending money that is "yours" versus money that is "ours". Making decisions about money that is the individual's is one thing but making decisions about the couple's money without consulting your partner is another thing. Where that line is between individual money and couple money is different for each couple but crossing it causes problems of trust and even possibly financial - what if both partners decide to spend the "spare" $1000, one on a guitar and the other on a fancy handbag?

And Clau, this also applies to couples living together as well as married couples. Both are couples who share and need to trust each other. I've been in both - I lived with a girlfriend of many years in my 20's and am now happily married (and not happily because of the type of partnership but because of the partner).

Pop music is about stealing pocket money from children. - Ian Anderson

ReplyQuote
(@jenny-b)
Estimable Member

..hmm I've hmmed and hawwed over letting ye into this little secret, but ye have suffered enough..

Go look in the back of the wardrobe and find the bags of shopping with new clothes in that SHE'S been hiding on YOU thinking that you will kill her for if you knew how much she spent on them.. :shock:

:wink: This ain't a (marriage)scene its a god***n arms race..!

ReplyQuote
(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member

All right...here you go...my list of why you need that next guitar:

I have good news for those suffering from GAS and/or guilt. Eventually you just ignore it and go ahead and buy whatever guitar you wish without the guilt.

Just in case you missed this one earlier, here are the time frames for buying another guitar:

"When to buy guitar number....."

#2. Right after you buy the first and shortly before buying the 3rd

#3. Between 11am and about 2pm on a weekday - the kids are in school, and you can get the full attention of the sales staff if you need it.

#4. Anytime after performing a major remodeling of a bathroom or kitchen. Forgiveness of your minor transgression is assured.

#5. When you get your Income Tax refund.

#6. When you get your Christmas bonus. "Hey, I don't work this hard for nothing."

#7. Your first gig. It would be irresponsible of you not to have a backup and numbers one through six are too nice to just use as backups.

#8. When Music123 or Guitar Center has a big sale. Think of all the money you saved by acting now. I mean that's enough money to take the wife and kids on vacation. Sometime between the second and third Island of the cruise your wife will talk to you again.

#9. See number 3. Again between 11 and 2 on a weekday, that way you can sneak it back into the house. Deceit is easier than getting forgiveness.

#10. As soon as the money in your secret secondary direct deposit account reaches the purchase price.

#11. The right time for number 11 is after accepting the job offer for your second job so you can pay off the previous nine still on your credit card.

#12. Number 12 is after the wife has taken the kids and left you and you notice you now have an empty room to fill.

#13. Number 13 is after you've attended the court ordered marital therapy for being obsessive compulsive and you notice the therapist is wearing a fender t-shirt. After an hour of talking about the merits of Tusq vs. bone he says: "Dude, you don't have a problem. Let's get together and jam."

#14. Number 14? Well 13 is just an unlucky number, bad mojo.

#15. Number 15 is after you tell the wife the story of the therapist in the Fender t-shirt and she tells you "that's it, we are never coming back". Then you pack her stuff in boxes, the movers get it and the empty space cries out to you to be filled

#16. Number 16? Come on, I mean you did just have the temperature controlled/humidity controlled room built. Wouldn't it be a waste not to keep it fully stocked?

After about 16 you just stop counting. Denial is easier that way.

ReplyQuote
(@blueline)
Noble Member

Wife/Girlfriend: "How come you have so many guitars? You can only play one!"
Husband/Boyfriend: "How come you have so many shoes?"

..........Silence....................

Wife/Girlfriend: "Well, I need different shoes for different looks"
Husband/Boyfriend: "I need different guitars for different sounds"

Wife/Girlfriend: "But guitars cost more than shoes"
Husband/Boyfriend: "But guitars go up in value" "You throw your shoes away after 1 year."

Wife/Girlfriend: "You're an idiot"
Husband/Boyfriend: (In the guitar playing bubble- does not hear anything but guitar)

Teamwork- A few harmless flakes working together can unleash an avalanche of destruction.

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

There's a difference between spending money that is "yours" versus money that is "ours".

Could you please come round to "our" house and point that subtle difference out to "my" partner? Lord knows, I've been trying for ten years.....there is no "ours," it's "hers" - there is no "mine," it's "her's," and "her's," well that's just plain and simple "her spending money....."

Blueline,I've had that conversation sooooo many times - other things to prevent guitar spending: "We need a new three-piece suite" - we got one two years ago. "We need a new living-room carpet" - last year. "The living room's in need of a coat of paint" - the last one's not dry yet!

"I need new guitar strings" is usually met with "why, have you broke one?" - when I try to explain they need replacing when they start going black, and don't sound as good, the answer to that's "they all sound the same to me!"

Mind you, there was one time she wanted new (expensive designer) glasses - I took her outside and asked, "what's that big yellow thing in the sky?" "What, you mean the sun?" "How bloody far do you NEED to see?" - deaf-and-dumb mealtimes for a week after that one.....

Yet when there's a bill needs paying, who has to take a guitar to the pawnshop to raise the cash?

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

Heh. You wanna talk about getting in trouble. We were chatting paint colors for a room. I brought up red. She asked "isn't red an awfully bold color for such a large area?". I looked at the red shorts she was wearing and replied, "YUP!". 15 years have passed and I still hear about that one.

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

ReplyQuote
(@blueline)
Noble Member

Heh. You wanna talk about getting in trouble. We were chatting paint colors for a room. I brought up red. She asked "isn't red an awfully bold color for such a large area?". I looked at the red shorts she was wearing and replied, "YUP!". 15 years have passed and I still hear about that one.

YOU SIR, are my hero!

Teamwork- A few harmless flakes working together can unleash an avalanche of destruction.

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

It's awfully quiet on the markthechuck front - I wonder if he's still breathing?

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@blueline)
Noble Member

hehe...she made him eat the guitar

ReplyQuote
(@mrodgers)
Trusted Member

Ha, these are too funny. And some are too true as well....
Could you please come round to "our" house and point that subtle difference out to "my" partner? Lord knows, I've been trying for ten years.....there is no "ours," it's "hers" - there is no "mine," it's "her's," and "her's," well that's just plain and simple "her spending money....."
Marriage vowels....

Priest/Pastor/Official: Do you take this woman to be your lawfully wedded wife blahblahblahblah....
Groom: What's yours is yours and what's mine is yours.....

Official: Do you take this man to be your lawfully wedded husband blahblahblahblah.....
Bride: What's mine is mine and what's yours is mine.....
Blueline,I've had that conversation sooooo many times - other things to prevent guitar spending: "We need a new three-piece suite" - we got one two years ago. "We need a new living-room carpet" - last year. "The living room's in need of a coat of paint" - the last one's not dry yet!
Tis much the reason I have a cheapo $99 junk acoustic. Bought the house in 2000, just before our first daughter was born and my wife quit working to stay home and take care of her.

First year, replace the 1968 refriderator (yes, all appliances were original to the 1968 house). We could now fit a whole gallon of milk in the fridge without needing to split it into 2 smaller containers.

2nd year's tax return, new washer and dryer to replace the "Whirlpool! The appliance of the 70's!" Cut down from 40 gallons of water from our well per load to something like 2.5 gallons.

3rd year tax return, new tractor so I didn't have to mow every day with the push mower. When I finally got through the final day's worth of mowing for 4-6 hours I had to start back at the beginning again.

4th year tax return, paid off the hospital bill from my oldest daughter's birth so we could have another couple thousand dollars from my 2nd daughter's birth.

5th year, Now we're struggling due to the US economy. Tax money spent to pay for bills. My wife did get me the guitar this year. Little one needed a "big girl" bed too since we didn't have a hand-me-down for her. Year 6, more of the same. Year 7, gonna get better. But had to use the taxes to fix one of the cars.

Finally, year 8 rolls around and it looks like we have some tax money to spend or save. We plan to save most, but figure maybe I could spend a little. I haven't picked up the guitar though since I bought it and it wasn't until last week I decided to pick it up again. So.... let's spend some tax mone..... oops, bill is in for February. Looking at $900 for heat for the last month and a half!!!! Bye bye tax return..... No spending the yet-to-recieve "stimulous" check. Saving for heat.....
Yet when there's a bill needs paying, who has to take a guitar to the pawnshop to raise the cash?
Yup. My wife wants to have a yard sale. She mentioned selling the guitar (had broken string since I put it down 6 months after starting in 2005.) I hear this and immediately dig it out of the case and start messing around with it. After work the next day, I stop and pick up some new strings. I get home and my wife hands me a shopping bag. Hmm, deoderant, good I needed that. Some powersteering fluid for the car, needed that too. What's this? "I heard you playing around with the guitar downstairs last night and new you needed strings for it! Do those work? I quietly set my lunch bag that is holding the strings I bought down in the corner and give her a big hug for thinking of me :D

Gonna make some serious cash from the yard sale. My now 7 year old is pricing up her old toys. She's putting prices of like $5 on toys that we paid $1 for, LOL. She did make a killing at the last yard sale selling lemonade though. It's a big bonus having adorable girls. People were paying them 4 times the 25 cent price of a cup of lemonade! :D

ReplyQuote
(@blueline)
Noble Member

Just wait until they turn 10 and start asking for cell phones.....Actually, it starts at age 8 or 9. Then, of course, after 1 year they HAVE to have the newest one on the market. They just don't realize how much good guitar effects cost. :x I'll tell ya....Kids these days...

ReplyQuote
(@mrodgers)
Trusted Member

Cell phones? pffffttt.... That's nothing. We live way out in the country. Around here it's quads, gokarts, and snowmobiles. Cell phones are pennies compared to what kids want out here in the country....

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 5