Notifications
Clear all

Need a new guitar. Ovation or other?

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@forzal)
Topic starter  

Hi. I registered, because I will need a new guitar soon, but I can not decide yet. Playing the guitar is only a hobby of mine. I learned to play the guitar on youtube, but I still consider myself a beginner, and I don't plan do become a musician.

I fell in love with Ovation when I didn't even know what it was. Somebody wanted to hear me play, and threw an Ovation in my lap. I was amazed, how easy it was to play on it. It was a cheaper one, I think it was a Celebrity. Since then I read many pros and cons about these guitars that made me unsure. I like this guitar because of it's looks (round back and multi soundhole), and because it was easy to play on it. There are many guitar players who absolutely hate Ovation because of its sound and slippery back, but I am satisfied with the sound. I also read, the top tends to break all the time, but others wrote, it's a question of carelessness, and is not the fault of the different material used for the back.

What do you think? Will I regret buying an Ovation? Should I stay with the classical design?

(@martmiguel)
Eminent Member

Keep in mind that Ovation sounds like an "ovation" this guitars have an unique sound, and it is hard to compare with other brands, the sound of the ovation is because of the materials used for the body, it is a bit bright for my taste.

If you want something different keep in mind that most guitars have their body made of wood.

Director of:
Cursos de guitarra eléctrica y acústica
ClasesdeguitarraYoutube

ReplyQuote
(@forzal)
Topic starter  

Thanks for the reply. Yes, my current guitar is a regular wood guitar as well. I will have to replace it, and I didn't decide yet, to go for an Ovation, or stick with regular wood guitars. Are there regular guitars with so comfortable necks? Is the roundback hard to get used to in the long run?

ReplyQuote