Clear all

Need Suggestions for Guitar Player/Singer Music

7 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
(@delliott290)
Topic starter  

Hi All,
I'm starting a new hobby for retirement. I can sing a little (low baritone or bass voice) and play a few chords. I need some direction on where to get some sheet music, and what artists to try. I want some happy music, maybe folk, with easy chords so I can encourage my grandkids to get interested in guitar music. I know I'll never be a great guitar player, but maybe I can disguise that with the singing. I have the Learn and Master Guitar course that I will continue to follow, but I need some music to have fun with, while I am learning!
Thanks for any advice,
David

(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member

You could try Folsom Prison Blues or Your Cheatin' Heart

ReplyQuote
(@big-lar)
Estimable Member

Check out this section of this site:

Easy Songs for Beginners

Start with #1 and move up from there. Also, browse the Easy Songs forum also on this site.

Enjoy,

ReplyQuote
 Rune
(@rune)
Trusted Member

How about some Jim Croce? Not sure how technical / difficult his tunes are, but the the upbeat ones are usually funny and might hold the attention of some younger folk (though I suppse there is some mature content there, depending on ages). Bad, Bad, Leroy Brown, Don't Mess Around With Jim, Rapid Roy, Car Wash Blues are all fun songs.

Good luck and let us know what you come up with :)

It's a dry heat!

ReplyQuote
(@delliott290)
Topic starter  

Thanks for the input!
David

ReplyQuote
(@kent_eh)
Noble Member

I want some happy music, maybe folk, with easy chords so I can encourage my grandkids to get interested in guitar music.

Any of these look interesting?

I wrapped a newspaper ’round my head
So I looked like I was deep

ReplyQuote
 Cat
(@cat)
Noble Member

Get an old Beatles songbook. Chordings are easy and you'll already know the melodies.

Hope this "Help!"s...

Cat

"Feel what you play...play what you feel!"

ReplyQuote