Notifications
Clear all

new amp. ( bogner uberschall twin jet)

5 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@tazman)
Topic starter  

hello guitar finatics. im new on here. this is my first post. i wld like to get some advice on an amp i just orderd. the bogner twin jet and matching cab. im high intermediate skill set. never had a gud amp bfore. just crappy practice amps. ny info or advice wld be greatly appreciated. do' and dont's, setup. those kinds of things.

(@alangreen)

Most people would ask for the advice before they ordered the kit.

From what I've read the Bogner amps are good, but I've never played on one.

"Be good at what you can do" - Fingerbanger"
I have always felt that it is better to do what is beautiful than what is 'right'" - Eliot Fisk
Wedding music and guitar lessons in Essex. Listen at: http://www.rollmopmusic.co.uk

ReplyQuote
(@tazman)
Topic starter  

yeah ur right, but i heard the amp and knew i wanted it. ddnt even have to think about it. just never had an amp this expensive bfore. i'm almost scared i'll tweak it the wrong way and mess it up lol.

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

they're pretty sic amps. it can take a little while to break in a new speaker, so don't freak if it doesn't sound like what you heard right away. there are a couple different ways to break in a speaker. i just read about leaving a loop station going. seems like a good idea. use the full range of your guitar to break it in evenly. just don't crank a bass (or any frequency, really) through it past the point of clipping or you could end up flabbing it out. it's not really necessary to consciously break them in, though, as it will happen naturally with playing anyway. what speakers are you using with it?
a way to influence the sound is using various different tubes. http://thetubestore.com/accessories.html has all sorts of excellent and seemingly impartial reviews.

ReplyQuote
(@tazman)
Topic starter  

the uberkab. 2 cv30's and 2 g12t75's. thanx man

ReplyQuote