Notifications
Clear all

New guitar!

12 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
(@xxthesourcexx)
Topic starter  

Hi there!I'm about to start leanrning guitar with your wonderful online lessons (I know nothing about guitars, even though I know a lot about music - piano - ) and I want to buy a good guitar costing 200 Euros - that's about 250 dollars i think-. Could someone suggest a guitar please ( or a brand?) ?? -up to 300 Euros- . Thnx a lot!!

(@alangreen)

Hiya, and welcome to Guitarnoise.

EUR 300 - that's about £200 for those in the UK.

Are you looking for an accoustic or an electric guitar?

If electric, does that cost need to include the amplifier?

There are some excellent electric guitar starter packs around, which give you a guitar, amplifier, strap, cable and some spare strings - they start around the £130 mark - just under EUR 200.

For that sort of money, you won't get top drawer equipment; but it will get you playing at resonable cost, so that when you're ready to upgrade you'll have a better idea of what you're after from a guitar.

Best,

A :-)

"Be good at what you can do" - Fingerbanger"
I have always felt that it is better to do what is beautiful than what is 'right'" - Eliot Fisk
Wedding music and guitar lessons in Essex. Listen at: http://www.rollmopmusic.co.uk

ReplyQuote
(@xxthesourcexx)
Topic starter  

oops sorry my fault i forgot to specify :oops: . I want a simple acoustic guitar cause i just need it to play chords and stuff like that (mostly folk music)

P.S. with 300E do I get a bad quality guitar??

ReplyQuote
(@dagwood)
Noble Member

<snip> P.S. with 300E do I get a bad quality guitar??

I don't think so. The only advice I can give you from my experience and talking to many people.. I've just started two months back myself.. IS: in regards to an acoustic.. PLAY AS MANY AS YOU CAN... even if its a simple "E" Cord or "D" Chord, or have someone in the store play something for you.. LET YOUR EARS Do the Buying not your EYES.

You'll want a SOLID TOP. They sound better, carry the sound longer (sustain) and are all around better. After time, I've heard, the Plywood tops tend to delaminate and/or start to tear at the bridge..(the most bottom of the guitar where the strings come out).

My .02 cents. :)

Research is what I'm doing when I don't know what I'm doing. - Wernher Von Braun (1912-1977)

ReplyQuote
(@xxthesourcexx)
Topic starter  

yeah i guess i could do that but i don't think i'll be able to understand which is better. Could you suggest a model which you think is good?

P.S. What is a solid top?

ReplyQuote
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

Solid top means that that the top part is made of one piece of wood. Many cheaper guitars have multiple layers glued on top of each other, which will be far less good-sounding, and this difference will increase as the years past.

Yamaha, Dean and Ibanez have a bunch of solid-top guitars in this pricerange. Do note that some have electronics and other's dont. I got a Ibanez PF60, no electronics, solid-top, 150 Euro. Pricier models include the yamaha AXP series, Dean Exotica and Ibanez AEL/Artwood series. Maybe you can squeeze a Seagull in your budget, but that might be too expensive.

And just wait for Nick to find this topic...

ReplyQuote
(@xxthesourcexx)
Topic starter  

so should I buy a yamaha???what do you think?Is yours satisfying?

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

I have a Crafter D7 thats about that price range and I love it.
Solid Cedar top, mahogany sides and back ect...

ReplyQuote
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

You should go to a store, and play them all. I dare to say you'll end up with a strong preference for one, even though you won't be able to explain why. Take that one.

I love my Ibanez. It plays easy, sounds very nice, and is cheap enough to drag it along without being scared of the death something will happen. It's very basic, no electronics, fancy inlays, or golden tuners, but it sounds nice, plays well, has a solid top and is cheap. Try one.

ReplyQuote
(@xxthesourcexx)
Topic starter  

002.FEN.225 Fender DG-19 NATURAL

DREADNOUGHT BODY STYLE, SOLID SPRUCE TOP, ROSEWOOD BACK AND SIDES, MAHOGANY NECK, ROSEWOOD FINGERBOARD

Is this any good???

ReplyQuote
(@metaellihead)
Honorable Member

Nobody here is going to out and out recomend any specific brand and model that you should get. It's all personal prefrence.

As for that particular DG-19 Fender, it sounds good, but you're going to need to go try it. I haven't played the thing myself. We could all talk about what sounds better, ect, ect till we're blue in the face but you might find somthing that you personally like better that wasn't mentioned.

Like others have said, just go in and tell the sales guy your budget, and to show you a wide variety of acoustic guitars in your price range. Try them all out, see which ones feel comfortable to hold, and what ones sound good to you. That's what's important here. It's a personal prefrence that you have to decide on, so you're just going to have to invest a weekend into shopping for one.

-Metaellihead

ReplyQuote
(@xxthesourcexx)
Topic starter  

ok Thnx! I guess I'll try that!

P.S. I like your avatar :D

ReplyQuote