norman brown jazz - archtop only?

19 Posts
7 Users
0 Likes
 pab
(@pab)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

I do love his music, but as I mentioned earlier, i really love the songs with his voice in it. i think he has powerful vocals and although this genre isn't for everyone, i don't want people to get the impression, by reading some of the posts here, that the songs with his vocals are not good. i for one love 'em, and hope people who haven't listened to his music give them a try too.

btw, are there any more comments on my question # 2 or # 3 in the original post. just curious to see what people think about it.

paul

ReplyQuote
(@mahal)
Estimable Member

I do love his music, but as I mentioned earlier, i really love the songs with his voice in it. i think he has powerful vocals and although this genre isn't for everyone, i don't want people to get the impression, by reading some of the posts here, that the songs with his vocals are not good. i for one love 'em, and hope people who haven't listened to his music give them a try too.

paul
:D
There is a reason. First and foremost this is a guitar board. Have you ever heard that Benny Goodman was a great clarinetist but his rival Arte Shaw was a great musician. Well Benson was a great musician and became a bigger star then any jazz guitarist. However to a guitar enthusiast, the next Wes Montgomery turned into just another Jeffery Osborne who had the gimmick of playing a short lick on his guitar to double his vocal solo.

ReplyQuote
 pab
(@pab)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

you're right. btw, i do like jeffrey osborne too. :D

ReplyQuote
(@bmancv-60)
Estimable Member

paul

Didn't want to give the impression I was a Benson basher; I do think his guitar playing outshines his vocals, but that's why I listen to him. Judging by his record sales there must be plenty of fans to go around for either or both :D

"...I don't know - but whasomever I do, its gots ta be FUNKY!"

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2