Skip to content
Now I have my guita...

Notifications
Clear all

Now I have my guitar...Whats a good book for beginners?

21 Posts
12 Users
0 Likes
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

Well in the spirit of sharing why don't you send me a couple bucks too....I don't have anything to send you but I could use the cash! Ha

Well, we could all use a couple of bucks, but what I could REALLY use is some work done around the yard...... :lol:

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

ReplyQuote
 cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member

Roy,

I tell you what you can come up and do some work around my house and I'll go down to NC and do some work around your house, this way it doesn't feel so much like work it'll feel like your just helping a friend out.

"It's all about stickin it to the man!"
It's a long way to the top if you want to rock n roll!

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

Roy,

I tell you what you can come up and do soem work around my house and I'll go down to NC and do some work around your house, this way it doesn't feel so much like work it'll feel like your just helping a friend out.

Too cold up there. :P

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

ReplyQuote
(@sin-city-sid)
Prominent Member

Well in the spirit of sharing why don't you send me a couple bucks too....I don't have anything to send you but I could use the cash! Ha
:lol:

ReplyQuote
(@tsoltrs)

Depending on how you want to learn I would say learn by tabs but you'll forego a lot of essential learning that differentiates a lot of guitarists. If you want the simplest and most painless route however, go online and look for tabs of your fav songs and learn through that way.

Forget music school! Learn guitar on video!
http://tsoltrs.guitarhot.hop.clickbank.net/

ReplyQuote
(@lue42)
Reputable Member

Do you ever really learn that way though? Sure, your chord changes and fingering will eventually get quicker and more accurate, but there isn't any base knowledge... the "Why's" that you really need to know to get anywhere. Truly understanding "what" you are playing, "why" it sounds the way it does, etc,etc is just as important. I don't think anyone truly needs to read musical notation, but I think it is very important to have at least a basic understanding of music theory and how it relates to the fretboard, why chords are the way they are, why scales are organized the way they are, etc, etc.
Use tabs off the Internet... sure... it is a great practice tool too, but it is just part of the big picture.

My Fingerstyle Guitar Blog:
http://fsguitar.wordpress.com

My Guitars
Ibanez Artwood AWS1000ECE-NT
Schecter S-1 30th Anniversary Edition
Ovation CS257
LaPatrie Etude
Washburn Rover RO10

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2