Clear all

OK...this was pretty cool.

19 Posts
12 Users
0 Likes
(@cyranodb)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

cyran, a fellow New Yorker, although I'm actually a Long-guy-lander.

Great story, maybe we should meet up and play some blues.

Hey Taso. I'm in bayside so depending where in Long Island it wouldn't be too far. Let me know when a good time to jam would be. I'm willing to learn whatever I can.

Mike

"I use heavy strings, tune low, play hard and floor it. Floor it, that's a technical term." - SRV

ReplyQuote
(@cyranodb)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Your story reminds me of this Air Conditioner guy who came over last spring to do the annual AC check. Anyway, we have two air conditioners and he was in the attic one and had a question for me. I was down the hall in my music room, and he came in and saw all my musical equipment. He said something about my 12-string Alvarez and asked if he could play it. I said okay. He sits down and starts playing some old Crosby/Stills/Nash song (I can't remember which one). Anyway, he not only plays, but starts singing it too. Then he saw my 6 string acoustic and asks to play that one. He starts playing and singing a VERY VERY long Gordon Lightfoot song (It went on forever). Anyway, I found it a bit humorous that he was doing this on the clock! He took one of my band's cards and said he'd contact me to jam sometime but never did. At that time, my old band, "Some Chick Band" was split up and two of us were still playing together. We were in process of trying to come up with a new name and thought maybe "Two Hot Chicks and the Air Conditioner Guy" would have been a good band name.
Just a silly story!

Hot Chicks and the Cool Man, or how about "HVAC" :lol:

"I use heavy strings, tune low, play hard and floor it. Floor it, that's a technical term." - SRV

ReplyQuote
(@pearlthekat)
Noble Member

Hey. I'm in Brooklyn. How about including me in on that?

ReplyQuote
(@mogal)
Trusted Member

I like the "Cool Man"!

MoGal

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2