Notifications
Clear all

On and Off

31 Posts
18 Users
0 Likes
(@saber)
Reputable Member

At lot of it has to do with stress. Another factor is how "there" your mind is at the time. I think one of the most important part of learning guitar is that you get good enough so that even on bad days your able to preform well.

I'm sure it takes a long time though.

"Like the coldest winter chill. Heaven beside you. Hell within." -Jerry Cantrell

ReplyQuote
(@duffmaster)
Noble Member

Personally, it has everything to do with global warming, which is directly related to the decline in pirates over time.

Who needs a signature?
I mean really...
It's almost always lyrics...
or a cliche...
or garbage about me...
Lets just save YOU from the pain, ok?

ReplyQuote
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

Personally, I thought Pirates were responsible for Global Warming and not the other way around. It's all that Arggghhh! stuff, lots of hot air expelled. And the parrot doesn't help either.

Hey, we all have bad days. I am a big golf fan. Everybody knows Tiger Woods is the best golfer in the world, but he still hits the ball in the woods and in the pond sometimes.

The longer you play, the more often you play well and the less often you play poorly. Even still, everybody has those bad days sometimes.

Just keep on Rockin' :D

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

ReplyQuote
(@clideguitar)
Reputable Member

Personally, it has everything to do with global warming, which is directly related to the decline in pirates over time.

I was sceptical (sp? - too lazy to look it up) at first but the CHART proves it!

BJ

ReplyQuote
(@ricola)
Estimable Member

ROFL!! :lol:

Psa. 42:8
By day the LORD commands his steadfast love,
and at night his song is with me, a prayer to the God of my life.

ReplyQuote
(@bennett)
Reputable Member

LOL! But what is the Ultimate Question? :P

As for the original topic, I find that just trying something different helps when I'm not on song (no pun intended). Either that, or if I'm getting particularly frustrated I force myself to put the guitar down for the night. :)

From little things big things grow - Paul Kelly

ReplyQuote
(@manitou)
Estimable Member

Check this out guys, I think a lot of it, besides the menta factor *Disciplin is something you have to develop if youwant to be consistent I think...* But warming up helps a lot. I find on my bad days that its usually because my hands or my wrist or something is too tight, if I stretch out and warm up reaaaly well I can usually play at the top of my game. Also on a deeper note... Sometimes the repetitive action of playing scales and running the neck can bea relaxant and help you concentrate on your playing.

Just a thought...

SHUT UP ABOUT IRON MAIDEN SOLOS AND GO PRACTICE!
-Manitou

ReplyQuote
(@saber)
Reputable Member

That's a lie perpetuated by liberals and hybrid car manufacturers. Pirates clearly die out due to scurvy, homosexual tendencies, and the invention of the anti-pirate short range missle.

"Like the coldest winter chill. Heaven beside you. Hell within." -Jerry Cantrell

ReplyQuote
(@duffmaster)
Noble Member

For all of you who havn't caught on about the joke, there is a parady religion surrounding a fake god named the FSM or Flying Spagehti Monster. One of the religions beliefs is that the less pirates the hotter the earth.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flying_Spaghetti_Monster

All so, most pirates died of lead poisioning, not scurvy. The tins they stored food in was usually sealed with a lead product. Thats also why a lot of pirates were kind of dumb.

Sorry for dragging this so off topic JimH2. As you get better, these off days are going to occur less and less. Don't fret it. (haha another joke...)

Who needs a signature?
I mean really...
It's almost always lyrics...
or a cliche...
or garbage about me...
Lets just save YOU from the pain, ok?

ReplyQuote
(@misanthrope)
Noble Member

His noodlyness is not a parody! May his great noodly appendage smite you good! :twisted:

ChordsAndScales.co.uk - Guitar Chord/Scale Finder/Viewer

ReplyQuote
(@jimh2)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

For all of you who havn't caught on about the joke, there is a parady religion surrounding a fake god named the FSM or Flying Spagehti Monster. One of the religions beliefs is that the less pirates the hotter the earth.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flying_Spaghetti_Monster

All so, most pirates died of lead poisioning, not scurvy. The tins they stored food in was usually sealed with a lead product. Thats also why a lot of pirates were kind of dumb.

Sorry for dragging this so off topic JimH2. As you get better, these off days are going to occur less and less. Don't fret it. (haha another joke...)

I don't mind the off-topicness. It's funny and relaxing

Music is the universal language, love is the key.

ReplyQuote
(@misanthrope)
Noble Member

...and relaxing is important if you're having an off-day. Stress about it and your playing gets a whole load worse :/

ChordsAndScales.co.uk - Guitar Chord/Scale Finder/Viewer

ReplyQuote
(@dogbite)
Illustrious Member

most surgeons on board ships in the 1800's used a drug called 'the blue pill' to treat syphlis.
it basically contained a blob of mercury.

if the lead didnt get them the mercury did.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=644552
http://www.soundclick.com/couleerockinvaders

ReplyQuote
(@jimh2)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

It's concerning that you guys know so much on this topic... :shock:

Music is the universal language, love is the key.

ReplyQuote
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

Arghhh! Ih trid ter ply me gitur taniht, bhut me clau iz ohnli gud fur sleyed. :wink:

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 3