Notifications
Clear all

Opinions

19 Posts
11 Users
0 Likes
(@josephlefty)
Reputable Member

I bought this setup for my stepson (he plays violin). I am lefty but I checked it out before I gave it to him and it is fine for a first guitar. I found the setup was ok and I didn't have to go tweaking it.

The cheap guitars sound a little bland but with the amp and an RP I gave him, plenty to keep him busy. If he takes to it well, I will throw a hot pickup in the neck position. After that I will move him up to a mexican strat. If he take to it real well, he will get an American strat.

Start with a basic setup, then move right to something good if you are gonna stick with it. Gas can wind up costing more in the long run accumulating gear.

I went through a dozen guitars, all kinds and shapes, ripped one apart, spent double what it was worth customizing it and finally just said the heck with it and bought an American Deluxe, a Carvin tube amp and the whole lot of everything else got sold on ebay.

There is nothing wrong with the cheap guitar packages to get you started. You won't be able to tell the difference between that and something much better anyway until you get comfortable with things. Starting cheap gets you started and later you will better appreciate the better stuff.

If it was easy it wouldn't be worth doing.

ReplyQuote
(@shinnoki)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

Well yeah , but the tone buttons are still busted , so i will have to do something about it anyways.
And like it wasn't enough, the 'E' string broke... i just tuned it a little counter-clockwise and it broke...
Is this a joke...

ReplyQuote
(@shinnoki)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

Ok, so i took it to the shop, they replaced it for me, now it seems to be okay... it's very nice now...
I bought an extra e string and replaced it too.
It's a neat guitar once u understand how to setup the amplifier.. My friend came over and helped me with it.

ReplyQuote
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

Cool, glad to hear it all sorted out. Have fun!

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2