Notifications
Clear all

Packages, GUTAIR packages

10 Posts
10 Users
0 Likes
(@gunner)
Topic starter  

I saw a good package from Ibenze, u guys know of any good packages? by the end of christmas i ougt to have mabey 120 bucks

(@imiron)

For price, about as low as I could find was the Baja Electric Starter Pack for $100.

The next good looking one (price wise anyway) was the Squier SE100 Electric Pack, and that kicks in at $200.

But I'm pretty sure which ever one you look at, the amps that come with them are pretty gutless. But neat for practicing I suppose.

ReplyQuote
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

Well, $120 isn't very much. So you have to be realistic about the quality of guitar and amp you can get for that price. For that price, I think your best bet is the Behringer V Tone II Package.

Behringer V Tone II Guitar Package

If you read the reviews, and there are quite a few, most say the guitar is ok, but most say the amp is really great. Many say the amp alone is worth the price.

So, this should get you started. Later on you may want to get a better guitar. But you will still have a real nice amp.

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)

Well, $120 isn't very much. So you have to be realistic about the quality of guitar and amp you can get for that price. For that price, I think your best bet is the Behringer V Tone II Package.

Behringer V Tone II Guitar Package

If you read the reviews, and there are quite a few, most say the guitar is ok, but most say the amp is really great. Many say the amp alone is worth the price.

So, this should get you started. Later on you may want to get a better guitar. But you will still have a real nice amp.

I can vouche for this package. It was my first electric. Wes is right...the amp is a great starter amp and goes quite loud with many features. The guitars may not be a consistant. I happened to get a nice one but I have read others were not as lucky.

ReplyQuote
(@mortisdraco)

I'd also highly recommend the Behringer package. I got one a year ago when I decide to teach myself guitar and it's been a great guitar. The practice amp alone is worth the price.

My $.02,
Brad

If you plant ice, you're gonna harvest wind.

ReplyQuote
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

Wow, for a hundred dollars...WOW. :shock:

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

ReplyQuote
 Nils
(@nils)
Famed Member

I can also vouch for the amp. I happen to pick one up awhile ago just for carrying around and found that it sounds pretty decent and plenty of volume. If I remember correctly I paid about $50 for it on sale.

Nils' Page - Guitar Information and other Stuff
DMusic Samples

ReplyQuote
(@abeidson)
Trusted Member

Guess it depends.. you can get a nice Acoustic for 120 bucks .. but if your heart is set on an electric Jay Turser has a nice set Electric Guitar, Hard sided case, Mini amp that fits in the case. Nice guitar for around 125 bucks. ( may be more got mine a couple years ago )

I wanna Rock N Roll all night... Ahh who am I kidding I'll be in bed at 9 pm....

ReplyQuote
(@psychoticsmurf)

Either the Squier or Behringer would be the best choice. Both have flaws.

Behringer = good amp
Squier = good guitar

ReplyQuote
(@redneckrocker)
Estimable Member

Don't forget to look at pawn shops for used. I got I good deal on a marshall amp that I still use. You have to shop around and if you can try to bring someone along that can play and knows what to look for. Make sure you plug it up and listen. Most pawn shops charge too much but some can have good deals.

~Mike the Redneck Rocker.

"The only two things in life that make it worth living are guitars that tune good and firm feeling women" - Waylon

ReplyQuote