Notifications
Clear all

perfect pitch

7 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@bulldog87)
Topic starter  

Has anyone tried the perfect pitch program and if so how did that work out .

(@jasoncolucci)
Reputable Member

perfect pitch is a curse...be careful what you wish for:D
I've heard that program really works, and perfect pitch is possible but I'm skeptical.

Guitarin' isn't a job, so don't make it one.

ReplyQuote
(@paul-donnelly)
Noble Member

David Burge's course? Ineffective, as far as I know. I do think that absolute pitch can be learned as an adult (without a doubt it can be taught to children), but I don't know of any existing methods to train it reliably. I'm keeping an eye on Chris Aruffo, since I think he has the best approach to the problem, and I know he's working hard to figure out how to teach it (partly because he wants to learn it himself).

ReplyQuote
(@bstguitarist)
Reputable Member

People who are born with perfect pitch tend to find it annoying don't they? all Iv'e heard from my theory teacher is that they percieve all instruments as being slightly out of tune, which wouldnt that drive anyone insane? lol. Wouldnt Extreamely good relative pitch be better?( Ability to tell notes by referrence or memory).

KB1LQC

No matter what anyone says, these four men were the Innovators! of modern Rock & Roll!

Morse Code... Music on it's own

ReplyQuote
(@bulldog87)
Topic starter  

Thanks for the replys yall bring up a good point. I have heard of people getting their pianos tuned by an electronic tuner and being unhappy so they go get someone to tune it by ear. My point being if it is perfect it may sound irritating. I wish I could hear a song and be able to reconize what notes or chords being played . Im 44 years old maybe its to late to start. Who knows thanks again.

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

i've heard that mozart had perfect pitch

ReplyQuote
(@jasoncolucci)
Reputable Member

Im 44 years old maybe its to late to start. Who knows thanks again.

If you're talking about starting to play guitar you're definetly not too old (when can you ever be to old to take on a new hobby that will bring your joy/good times?) If you're talking about just being able to hear the notes in songs, it will come with time.

Guitarin' isn't a job, so don't make it one.

ReplyQuote