Clear all

Play That FUnky Music White Boy

13 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@coolnama)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

Anyone know a place where I can find a tab for this whole song ( or a lesson, even better ).

and, is there a thread where I can post so someone can tell me where to find a tab for X song? If not, don't you think thats a good idea ? :P

I wanna be that guy that you wish you were ! ( i wish I were that guy)

You gotta set your sights high to get high!

Everyone is a teacher when you are looking to learn.

( wise stuff man! )

Its Kirby....

(@minotaur)
Noble Member

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/search.php?s=Play+that+funky+music+white+boy&w=songs

http://forums.guitarnoise.com/viewforum.php?f=7

Does this help, or have I misunderstood?

It is difficult to answer when one does not understand the question.

ReplyQuote
 cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member

cool I looked at all those tabs that Minotar pointed you too. They are all wrong in some way or another, some are just out in left field.

I have a tab but I'm travelling now and can't get it. If I go to work Friday I can get it to you if you give me an email address but if I can't get it this week it'll have to be the following Friday.

Funny you should bring this song up we just started playing it last week I hadn't played that in a couple years.

"It's all about stickin it to the man!"
It's a long way to the top if you want to rock n roll!

ReplyQuote
(@minotaur)
Noble Member

That's the problem with internet tabs. A large number of them just plain suck. You do have to discern. In the beginning I had some copies of songs that I later on realized, for one reason or another (maybe learning?) that they sucked. I tossed them so fast.

ReplyQuote
 cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member

Min,

The only reason I mentioned that is we just started playing that last week with our "band" and I was curious what tabs were out there. I didn't look at all of them but mostly all of them and they all had some errors in them some worse than others.

Then there are alot that have the right notes but are tabbed out in the wrong position, most people don't seem to care about that but at the end of the day they don't sound quite right.

I can't take any credit for the tabs I have they were all written out by my instructor but most are 99+% correct(he does make mistakes sometime and sometimes I catch them and soemtimes I don't.

Now the difference may be you're never really sure who's version they are tabbing out. The tab I have is for the Wild Cherry version which I think was the original.

ReplyQuote
(@minotaur)
Noble Member

Min,

...I didn't look at all of them but mostly all of them and they all had some errors in them some worse than others.

Then there are alot that have the right notes but are tabbed out in the wrong position, most people don't seem to care about that but at the end of the day they don't sound quite right.

What drives me crazy is two or three lines that are supposed to be the song, and then some comment like "Well that's all I know, just listen to the record". Why would anyone even bother!?

ReplyQuote
 cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member

I really truly beleive that about 75% are tabbed by teenagers, the other 20% are tabbed by college kids and the rest are people that copied it from a book they bought.

So you usually have some kid tab out a couple lines of what they think is right (most of the time it isn't)and then the listen to the record comment.

I pretty much have given up on internet tab though

ReplyQuote
(@coolnama)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

OKay you can mail it to me at.... whoa I'll PM you that :P and thanks

The tab I found said the verses are in Bm Cm and C#m ( rhythm parts) and that I needed to tune the 6th String to D

but thanks, whenever you get a chance.

Haha and I decided to learn that song because I saw a post of yours somewhere that said your band played that song ( and I also heard it in a movie and it brought back memories).

Yes I believe the original is Wild Cherry's

( wise stuff man! )

Its Kirby....

ReplyQuote
 cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member

Cool,

Looks like I'll be in work Friday so you should have it in a couple days. The verses are all 9th chords pretty common in funk
music. it's pretty easy song but it's all in the groove.

ReplyQuote
(@coolnama)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

Yeah it seems like an easy song but fun to play, thats why I decided to start out learning that 1 :D

( wise stuff man! )

Its Kirby....

ReplyQuote
(@trguitar)
Famed Member

Does anyone have PowerTab? Did you isten to that version? Sounds pretty good to me. :? http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/tabs/wild_cherry_tabs.htm

Oh, and we learned it cause way back I heard it on the radio and said to my son the bass player ... check out that bass riff! He goes home and starts playing it by ear.

"Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard,
grow big, wear glasses if you need 'em."
-- The Webb Wilder Credo --

ReplyQuote
 cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member

TR,

That's exactly why I don't use internet tab. That isn't even close. Not only the notes but the rhythym is way off.

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

and, is there a thread where I can post so someone can tell me where to find a tab for X song? If not, don't you think thats a good idea ?

Try asking in the "Easy Songs" forum under "Tab Requests" - you might not always get the tab you're looking for but generally, people around here are pretty helpful and will try and point you in the right direction.

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote