Notifications
Clear all

podcast/lessons

11 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
(@gumbo)
Topic starter  

were can i find the music notation that goes with the podcasts (just listened to pod 22 but cant find music.) :D

(@davidhodge)

There isn't any. With my schedule I don't have the time to write it all out, so I try like crazy to talk out the entire sequences. A lot of Podcast #22, for example, is explained in detail in Podcast #21.

The other thing that I've tried to emphasize in these podcasts is that the object is not to follow the music but rather to come up with ideas and strumming all on your own. We want you to make music instead of just copying it.

One of our Guitar Noise members has taken quite a bit of his spare time to write out the music for older podcasts. So far he's gotten through the first thirteen.

(And a huge "thank you," to you for that, Mike! It all looks wonderful and I'm amazed at how much work you've done on this.)

So, on top of everything else, I'm also in the process of making sure that it's all reasonably accurate so that Paul and I can post these comprehensive "Podcast Notes" up online sometime in the very near future.

Peace

ReplyQuote
(@gumbo)
Topic starter  

thaks for clearing that up im new to this site and still finding my way
i am very impressed with what ive found so far ,there's some great lessons.
i am interested in the song accompanyment that you played on pod 22
but am not good enough to sort it myself yet but thanks for all the hard work you put into guitar noise

ReplyQuote
(@joehempel)
Famed Member

are these podcasts available to subscribe to on iTunes?

In Space, no one can hear me sing!

ReplyQuote
(@rik-anderson)
Estimable Member

Yes they are :D

The only thing that keeps me from realising my full potential is the depressing awareness that it wouldn't take much time or effort...

ReplyQuote
(@lue42)
Reputable Member

I just went to download/listen to the podcasts for the first time...

However, 1 & 2 are missing off the RSS feed... can they get added back too?

thanks

My Fingerstyle Guitar Blog:
http://fsguitar.wordpress.com

My Guitars
Ibanez Artwood AWS1000ECE-NT
Schecter S-1 30th Anniversary Edition
Ovation CS257
LaPatrie Etude
Washburn Rover RO10

ReplyQuote
(@davidhodge)

I honestly don't know and will have to check with Paul on that. Hopefully will have an answer for you relatively soon.

If worst comes to worst, I can email them to you...

Thanks for your patience.

Peace

ReplyQuote
(@lue42)
Reputable Member

1 & 2 are downloadable as MP3... but not via the RSS feed - so, they *are* there, but anyone like me going and subscribing to the RSS feed for the first time would be missing them...

thanks!

My Fingerstyle Guitar Blog:
http://fsguitar.wordpress.com

My Guitars
Ibanez Artwood AWS1000ECE-NT
Schecter S-1 30th Anniversary Edition
Ovation CS257
LaPatrie Etude
Washburn Rover RO10

ReplyQuote
(@joehempel)
Famed Member

excellent, I think I'll go ahead and download these then. That's what I was waiting on, I couldn't find them in iTunes for a while, and I'm pretty OCD about my podcast orgainization, I listen to them more than the music on my iPod

In Space, no one can hear me sing!

ReplyQuote
(@rum-runner)
Reputable Member

I've got through the first fifteen podcasts, so far. They are excellent- just what I was looking for as a solo performer who was looking to take the next step beyond simple strumming as accompaniment to my vocals.

The way I have approached these is, first I work on playing along with David in the exercises so that I learn the technique. That's why I took the time to tab out all of the exercises and to make the notes that David referred to, so that I know exactly where to go back to to practice or review. Once I can play along with the recording, then I practice it without the recording just to drill it into my memory. Then, I try to find ways to apply the techniques to songs in my repertoire. This is where David's advice about being creative and coming up with things on your own comes in.

So far, I can successfully apply a lot of the techniques when I am just playing the guitar, but not really when I am singing- not just yet. I am sure that will come with time. david strsses througout these podcasts that if you just keep doing it over and over it will become second nature and you can do it without really thinking much about it. I am not there yet, but I will trust him on this.

Regards,

Mike

"Growing Older But Not UP!"

ReplyQuote
(@davidhodge)

...So far, I can successfully apply a lot of the techniques when I am just playing the guitar, but not really when I am singing- not just yet...

You might be happy to know, Mike, that starting with the next Podcast we'll focus on doing just this - singing and adding touches at the same time. It'll be a trip back through much of the basics, plus working on developing your ear to listen for spaces.

And while I appreciate your faith in me :wink: , it's really all the work and practice you're doing that's making it all happen. I can't do that for you.

And thanks again for all that you're doing with these Podcast notes!

Peace

ReplyQuote