Skip to content
Possibly the most s...

Notifications
Clear all

Possibly the most simple, idiotic question but...

13 Posts
10 Users
0 Likes
(@redrainripper)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

When replacing the strings on my Les I decided to give it a good polish, but in the process, knocked the bridge off the body. It's a tune-o-matic bridge obviously but I can't remember which way the screw heads were facing, toward the neck or the tailpiece. When I look at pictures online, they seem to be facing the neck most of the time, but when I have mine facing towards the tailpiece the pieces on the bridge look like this | so that the slanted end is facing the tailpiece and the other side (closer to the neck) is straight up and down, perpendicular to the body.

God know if any of this makes any sense but hopefully someone can help.

Late

Mike

(@greybeard)
Illustrious Member

I don't have an LP, but I do have a guitar with a similar bridge and the adjusting screws face away from the neck, towards the tailpiece.

I started with nothing - and I've still got most of it left.
Did you know that the word "gullible" is not in any dictionary?
Greybeard's Pages
My Articles & Reviews on GN

ReplyQuote
(@robbie)
Honorable Member

The adjuster screws on my epi LP face toward the neck

ReplyQuote
(@azertyuiop201)
Trusted Member

same here, towards the neck

I had the same thing happening not so long ago so you're not the first one doubting over it.

ReplyQuote
(@coloradofenderbender)
Noble Member

Add me to the "towards the neck" on my Epi! I see guitars all the time that someone mistakenly put it on backwards.

ReplyQuote
(@sin-city-sid)
Prominent Member

LOL, on my Jackson Kelly they are toward the tail and on the Soloist they are toward the neck. Stick it on and check the intonation, if its way off flip it around.

P.S. I'm not laughing at you, I'm laughing at Jackson guitars.

ReplyQuote
(@the-dali)
Noble Member

I'm almost 100% positive they should be facing toward the neck and away from the tailpiece.

-=- Steve

"If the moon were made of ribs, would you eat it?"

ReplyQuote
(@dagwood)
Noble Member

Add me to the "towards the neck" on my Epi! I see guitars all the time that someone mistakenly put it on backwards.
+1 Here :)

Research is what I'm doing when I don't know what I'm doing. - Wernher Von Braun (1912-1977)

ReplyQuote
(@redrainripper)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

I check the intonation, everything seems fine...I still can't be sure though, I'm so indecisive :(

ReplyQuote
(@97reb)
Noble Member

If everything seems fine, don't worry. I have a Gibson Faded V and the intonation tuners face the tailpiece. Samething for my Agile LP copy and then there is this Gibson Les Paul http://www.musiciansfriend.com/document?cpd=0OEY&doc_id=99371&g=guitar&base_pid=518930&index=3

It is a small world for metal fanatics. I welcome you fellow musicians, especially the metalheads!

ReplyQuote
(@alangreen)

My intonation's fine and the screws face away from the necck.

Best,

A :-)

"Be good at what you can do" - Fingerbanger"
I have always felt that it is better to do what is beautiful than what is 'right'" - Eliot Fisk
Wedding music and guitar lessons in Essex. Listen at: http://www.rollmopmusic.co.uk

ReplyQuote
(@redrainripper)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

Yeah...I stopped by guitar center today to look at the bridges on other guitars and some were facing the neck and some were facing the tailpiece. However, I noticed that the ones that were facing the tailpiece were designed differently, like the one I have. I also asked the guy there and he said if the intonation is fine, then I got nothing to be worried about.

Dilemma #475 solved

Thanks for the help guys

Late

ReplyQuote
(@97reb)
Noble Member

Good job 3XR! A good visual verification, UP CLOSE AND PERSONAL.

It is a small world for metal fanatics. I welcome you fellow musicians, especially the metalheads!

ReplyQuote