0 Likes
(@darthnihlus)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

I've been playing-

I play -

My goal for 2009 is:

I play - Acoustic

My goal for 2009 is: to incorporate finger style into my practice and play 2 finger style songs (In the Beginning (ELP) & Blackbird (Beatles)

(@daveadams)

I've playing on and off--mostly off--for seven years, but I finally got serious about practicing three months ago and I've been making real progress lately simply by practicing every single day.

I play acoustic--a low-end Takamine--but my brand new Standard Strat should be arriving this week.

My goals for 2009:
- learn to play electric :)
- start keeping a songbook
- record myself regularly, both for practice backing tracks and to have a record of my progress
- start transcribing songs

ReplyQuote
(@jimatwell)
Eminent Member

I've been playing about 2 years

I play electric (about 99% of the time)

My goals for 2009 include playing more with other people, to play with more feeling, and to be more confortable improvising to backing tracks/songs. And to stop buying gear... :roll:

ReplyQuote
(@wmwilson01)

I've been playing for about 7 or 8 months

I play mostly acoustic, but just bought an electric too.

My goal for 2009 is to play "St. Patrick's Day" by John Mayer pretty darn well and be tolerable with "Why Georgia"

ReplyQuote
(@tldavis92)
Trusted Member

I've been playing for about 3 months.

I play acoustic guitar.

My goal for 2009 is to play and sing "Visions of Johanna" in the style of Bob Dylan on Live 1966.

ReplyQuote
(@preacher)
Estimable Member

My goal is to play more like Hendrix this comming year, and to write some of my own material. Possibly to join a band with my cousins, but that deffinately wont be for a while.
Peace,
-Preacher

I play the guitar, I taught myself how to play the guitar, which was a bad decision... because I didn't know how to play it, so I was a sh***y teacher. I would never have went to me. -Mitch Hedberg

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

I've been playing.....long enough that I should be a pretty good guitarist by now.

I play - about a 50% split between classic rock oldies and my own songs.

Goals for this year? To improve as much as I did in 2008 - there were times when I really felt everything was beginning to mesh together - writing, playing, singing. This year I have got to get some good recordings done, AND I need to get out and jam again.

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@raistx)
Trusted Member

I've been playing- Nearly 2 years

I play - mostly electric, learning Blues, Rock

My goal for 2009 is: Improve confidence with my playing. Playing the guitar still feels like I have to concentrate to hard, want to get to the stage where it flows.

Have just signed up for lessons, start on 12 Jan, will keep you posted with how it goes.

ReplyQuote
(@mrwisker)

Been playing for 2 years (mostly fingerstyle on a acoustic). Goals this year include:

- Learning the name of each note on the fretboard by heart.
- Scales. Been two years and so far none of my teachers how stressed scales. So I will teach myself :)

- Most importantly HAVE FUN :)

ReplyQuote
(@alangreen)

I've been playing - 34 years. Nearly 35.

I play - Classical, and the occasional bit of accoustic at open mic nights and the rare bit of electric. I can play a bit of bass too.

The goals for 2009 - to do more gigs than the four I did last year (that's going well - I have four lined up for this year so far), to improve my technique (yep, there are days when I sound decidedly sloppy), and to record more of my stuff because I'd forgotten how much fun it was.

A :-)

"Be good at what you can do" - Fingerbanger"
I have always felt that it is better to do what is beautiful than what is 'right'" - Eliot Fisk
Wedding music and guitar lessons in Essex. Listen at: http://www.rollmopmusic.co.uk

ReplyQuote
(@rr191)
Trusted Member

I've been playing about 2 years. I have been taking lessons on a regular basis for the last year (it has really helped keep me focused as I don't like to come unprepared to the lessons).

I play an Ovation acoustic 6-string and an Ovation acoustic 12-string (recent purchase).

My goal for 2009 is: Learn to play fingerstyle and to become more proficient with barre chords and to just generally focus on improving technique and speed.

-- Rob

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

I guess my guitar goals for this coming year will be similar to last years. Well, at least as they became later in the year. Learn to play some harder rock music and some leads.

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

ReplyQuote
(@kroikey)
Reputable Member

I've been playing- 10 months, probably 10-15 hours per week, although I can play for 4 hours one day if I'm in the zone.

I play - An electric (Ibanez Iceman, Dragonforce Sign. model). The guitars a beauty, lovely tone. I think I'll get myself some new strings to bring the sparkle back to the table.

My goal for 2009 is: To commit Sweet Child O' Mines last solo to memory, and continue to practice it til I'm up to something resembling full speed. I want to learn more about the CAGED system, and I MUST learn some more scales. Theres only so far the Minor Pentatonic can get you when you stay in first position. I want to record some of the songs I love, and learn to arpeggio/get some dynamics over some slow ballads that I only have chords for.

If I can learn half of what I did in 2008, I'll be a happy man! :lol:

ReplyQuote
(@rik-anderson)
Estimable Member

I have had a guitar for 3 years and played for 2 of them.

Goals for 2009

Now that I have started to play again, not to stop again (does that make sense?)

To have a jam session with a very good friend and our two 14 year old sons (his plays drums, mine is learing guitar) hopefully on my daughters 18th birthday in July

Set myself realistic goals so that I don't stop playing again when I don't sound like Mark Knopfler.

Alan, let me know when and where your gigs are, as I'm just down the road from you I would like to come along and listen

The only thing that keeps me from realising my full potential is the depressing awareness that it wouldn't take much time or effort...

ReplyQuote
(@alangreen)

There's two in Cambridge, one in Thetford and one at Hitchin. I haven't got the exact addresses or timings yet, but Thetford's at The Bell Hotel with the Essex Guitar Orchestra and the others are with the Cambridge Guitar Orchestra

And if you're around Finchingfield on the 3rd Monday of the month there's an Open Mic at The Fox - 19th Jan is the next one and they might be switching to every other Monday, they reckon they have the support.

A :-)

"Be good at what you can do" - Fingerbanger"
I have always felt that it is better to do what is beautiful than what is 'right'" - Eliot Fisk
Wedding music and guitar lessons in Essex. Listen at: http://www.rollmopmusic.co.uk

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2