Clear all

Power Tabs

9 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
(@midway-man)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Yeah... I was wandering if anyone could tell me what a power tab is.....and how or where to make it work... thanx

"You can drive a song or you can make it sit still."

(@slejhamer)
Famed Member

Free tablature creating/editing/playing software.

http://www.power-tab.net/products.php

"Everybody got to elevate from the norm."

ReplyQuote
(@midway-man)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

OK..hmmm, I just spent the last hour getting rid of all the FFF-ing adware that attack my computer from that link. Any one else got any ideas?????????

ReplyQuote
(@falcon1)
Reputable Member

I have never gotten any spyware/adware from that site, but in any case, here is another download link you can use:

http://www.download.com/Power-Tab-Editor/3000-2133_4-10502034.html?part=dl-PowerTabE&subj=dl&tag=button

ReplyQuote
(@misanthrope)
Noble Member

Powertab is good, but GuitarPro is better - check them both out in demo form before you part with any cash. Powertab is basically a tab editor that plays your tab back to you as a MIDI, and there are plenty of tabs out there done in this format. They're often far more detailed than a text tab, have backing and lead guitar parts, bass, vocal melody, drums etc. Because of this and the ability to hear what you're typing, they're more often accurate as people put much more effort into them. Plus, you can mute the part you're learning and you have a backing track right there - always helpful.

Guitar-pro is the same thing, but much more slick & easy to use (although that may just be me), but it also has 'RSE', which is like MIDI but better - about halfway between that MIDI $20-casio-keyboard-demo-song sound and a real instrument. It's also a lot better at importing and exporting MIDI files. Finally, you can (usually) open Powertab files and play them in GuitarPro, but you can't open GuitarPro files in Powertab.

PS, although I doubt it came from the powertab site, you can download and install something like Spybot to stop pretty much any adware attacks you may run into (it's free, too). And AVG (also free) if you have no virus protection either...

ChordsAndScales.co.uk - Guitar Chord/Scale Finder/Viewer

ReplyQuote
(@slejhamer)
Famed Member

I have never gotten any spyware/adware from that site,

Me neither. Not even a pop-up. Willing to bet it's not the site...

"Everybody got to elevate from the norm."

ReplyQuote
(@welgill)

Go with guitar pro I have over 40k songs to go with guitar pro need to zip them up and upload them somewhere....

ReplyQuote
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

I have never gotten any spyware/adware from that site,

Me neither. Not even a pop-up. Willing to bet it's not the site...

ditto, i also prefer guitarpro

#4491....

ReplyQuote
(@midway-man)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Yea... it was my fault. I might have gotten a little hasty on clicking on the download and ended up with the wrong stuff. anyway...the good news is...I got it working. ( I couldn't help but giggle like a little kid, after I pushed play and herd it for the first time ) THANX !!!!!

ReplyQuote